Hardcore Any good Punk bands?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by MrNewbMcMuffin, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Same here, Green Day got me into punk, then I started listening to The Offspring too, then onto Operation Ivy, Rancid, 80s Hardcore and so on.
    The thing is I hate dissing Green Day even if they are shite now because without them I would’ve never gotten into punk.

I don’t listen to much punk anymore, meaning I don’t collect punk cds anymore, however that doesn’t stop me from blasting my “Walk Among Us” cd every now and then :D

2. Mike Patton is just generally awesome

3. I love this. Especially as a native NYer. ✌️

• Like Like x 1
  4. Agnostic Front. Nice, some guy at a Skateshop told me about them a year ago :metal:. Anything from Nuclear Blast tends to kick ass

5. Agent Orange. Good music to get high and longboard. The cd in my profile pic is a good one.

6. I say stick to the oldies in my opinion punk hasn’t been good since the early 90s

7. Casket Creatures
    Cancerslug (you probably already know them, but just in case)
    Doyle
    Gorgeous Frankenstein

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you don't mind something more melodic, Kitty in a Casket is pretty cool

• Like Like x 1
  9. I actually never heard of Cancerslug. They (And those other bands) are amazing so far!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Glad you like them. Cancerslug is one of my favorite bands

• Like Like x 1
  11. I can see why, they kick ass! Just as good as the Misfits if you ask me so it looks like I have a band to tie with them as my favorite.

12. when I visit my girlfiend in the barrio the neighbors have no choice but to listen to it
    01 - Bad Brains - Sailin' On.
    02 - Cro-Mags - We Gotta Know.
    03 - Agnostic Front - Anthem.
    04 - Regan Youth - Anytown.
    05 - Murphy's Law - Quest for Herb.
    06 - Sick of It All - Injustice System.
    07 - Warzone - As One.
    08 - Youth of Today - Expectations.
    09 - Bold - Clear.
    10 - The Mob - Step Forward.
    11 - Leeway - Enforcer.
    12 - Underdog - Over the Edge.
    13 - American Standard - Away.
    14 - Sheer Terror - Here to Stay.
    15 - Judge - Where it Went.
    16 - Raw Deal - Brightside.
    17 - Urban Waste - Public Opinions.
    enjoy Sunday Matinee - The Best of NY Hardcore (full album)1994

• Like Like x 1
  13. The vocalist of CS does double duty for Doyle too. It's one of Doyle's projects after the Misfits. And Gorgeous Frankenstein is Graves and Doyle.

14. Yeah when I saw Doyle in the mv for Doyle (lol) I lost my shit. So awesome!

15. Another cool band I found while stoned on Spotify is The Fright. But I don't really think they're punk, but if it's Halloween/horror themed you're looking for I can recommend a ton of songs

16. Lol. And then it all made sense?

• Like Like x 1
  17. I played a show with them once back in 2014 and it was awful haha. Cancerslug was great but the show was at a crap venue with no turnout. Also played with Calabrese once in 2013 if you are familiar with them, I love those guys.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Also, 2 more horror punk bands to go with the Calabrese. I've got a 3 for 1 special going on for horror punk bands today.

19. Calabrese, nice. I found them when I was looking for psychobilly bands, love em.