Any drummers in GC?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Purp Smoker, Dec 31, 2009.

1. #1 Purp Smoker, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
    Hey guys, I myself am a drummer for almost 3 years now and I was wondering if anyone else shares the love for drums?

Also, tell me what style of music you like to play, what your set includes, and some favorite bands/drummers!

Right now, I still have my first crappy set (because I don't have a job currently and can't afford a better one). It's an old, blue Pearl 4 piece set (no mid tom), with a paiste 16" crash and paiste 14" hi hats. I also have some old Kingston brand ride cymbal. I have a Pearl double-bass pedal (unknown model) that works really well.

Personally, this set was made for jazz, but i love to play metal on it! :metal:

My musical styles are all over the board, ranging from slow jazz, hard rock, to fast heavy metal.

Some of my favorite bands are Megadeth, Tool, Alice in Chains, Primus, Pantera, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Jeff Beck, Mastodon, and System of a Down

2. haha thanks, so are you a drummer?

3. I am going to take a few music classes next semester... and am planning on teaching myself the drums! I'm super excited.:D:wave:

4. sweet, sounds like fun! I did the same thing :D

5. Nope, i play geetarrr...but you knew that.:D

6. obviously lol, i think we should have a thread like this for every instrument though

7. Agreed.

Or at least one for every class...(strings, wind, brass)

8. I've been playing drums since i was 8 or 9. (not on a daily basis)

No classes or anything really. Just freehand it.

9. good shit man, so no specific genre? that's cool, i love to solo :hello:

10. Ohhhh i love me drums. I play a ludwig set, sabian cymbals. I've been playing for years now, try to play the set for an hour or so daily if i have time, and i'm always working on rudiments and shit when i have my practice pad around. I'll play anything with a nice beat, i started playing alot of punk stuff so i picked up alot of speed early. I almost forgot, if you play it's a must u get some Vater sticks. I've had the same pair for like a year now, those things are indestructible.

11. niceee man, great to hear. are Sabian good? I've never used any myself. And yeah I try for an hour everyday. I need to learn my rudiments too

12. I just wanted to share this; this guy's chops are nutty.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge1LYPQvhlU]YouTube - WILSON RETROACT DRUMMER[/ame]

13. I'm a drummer. My drums are made by Premier with 3/2 birch/mahogany shells, Zildjian A series cymbals, and DW5000 series hardware (minus the bass pedal).

I've been playing for around 10 years or so. My biggest influences are Neil Peart, Mitch Mitchell, John Bonham, Mike Beard, Bill Ward, Keith Moon, and Phil Rudd. I wish I could play like Peart, but that's just not going to happen (to 99.9% of us) so I try to model my playing after Mitchell, Ward, and Bonham.

14. i've got a really ghetto ass drumset. i don't know what kind it is. its got a bass drum, a snare, a broken hi hat, tom and floor tom. i've got a double kick pedal for my bass drum. i think its a DW 7000. the pedals are kinda sticky but they work. i've been playing for a little over a year and a half now. i really want to get some symbols but i'm broke as fuck. i play mostly hardcore punk, thrash, doom, grindcore and crust punk. i'm pretty decent for someone who just started but there is alot i need to work on. i've never had lessons. i hope to someday be able to play like Herb from Primus. i love his style.

15. i just started like 8 or 9 months ago. and im getting to be pretty good. i've been taking lessons the whole time, so i think that helps me a lot.

i like more heavy rock, some metal, but i also like the blues.

john bonham and bill ward, mixed into one is kinda what i would want to play like.
    I got a crappy kit so far. but i just put all new heads on them so it sounds better than when i got it. it an excel, i've never heard of it before.

i cant wait to save up my money so i can buy a bad ass kit. my dream kit is a 12 and 14 inch rack toms. and 16 and 18 inch floor toms. and a 24 or 26 inch bass. everytime i hit that sucker i want peoples heart to stop beating.

16. hahaha good shit. hopefully you get that one day