Any dread heads here?

Discussion in 'General' started by pavlakos, Apr 24, 2008.

1. ive been growing my hair for a few months and decided to get dreads soon. anybody else with dreads? tips apreciated and all. i dont think im gonna do the whole dont wash dont comb thing, ill probably just save up a couple hundred dollars and go get em done. i cant find much info on keeping them tight though. feedback dread heads FEEDBACK :D

2. I used to have dreads. Remember to:

- Get decent dread shampoo and DO wash your hair regularly (once or twice a week)

- Roll your dreads every day

3. I agree completely, people who don't wash dreads are gross :confused:

4. i had dreads for a bit but i was to lazy to twist em it got really fuckin annoying to keep my hands above my head doign that shit consecutivly and they started to look like shit

5. i was growing my hair out for dreads for a whole semester.
    but i figured it wouldnt look good since i have naturally think curly hair.

6. well the idea is i wont have to roll em everyday because im just going to get them done at a salon (sounds so gay) but i just mean keeping them tight after theyre mature.

7. Uhh thats what you do. Once you have dreads you need to maintain them by rolling. Dreads actually have a lot more upkeep than most other hair styles.

When I had dreads I had a problem with flat dreads at the back of my head from lying down sleeping.

I do miss em, I quite fancy getting dreads again, but short ones this time, like 2-3 inch..

8. my sisters bf is like rasta or w/e and has dreads lol but ya there is a thread about this and people posted mad pics id link u but im lazy but u can search for it

9. I had reds for about 5 years. And yes it is upkeep. ONce you get use to twisting them you will start to do it out or bordom. Just twist them all every 3 weeks or so. ANd you don't need a couple hundred dollars unless you want extentions. It will cost maybe $60. Good luck man.

10. damn, idk where you live man, but shits expenhsive here :(

thanks for the help everyone :)