Any computer savvy peeps on now?

Discussion in 'General' started by DirtyApe, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Im having a problem with my laptop that just started. When I try to play an audio file, it says i have no driver installed or there is a problem with the one that is installed? WTF? Its brand new, only had it @2 weeks. Any idea whats going on here or how to go about fixing it? Keep in mind I am NOT very savvy so please keep all replys in easy to understand instructions!!!

2. It depends on what kind of computer you have, but on most new computers there's a recovery program that allows you to reinstall applications or drivers..for example on my laptop (sony) it's called 'Vaio Recovery' go to START-->ALL PROGRAMS and see if your computer has any kind of 'recovery' software, most if not all, new computers come with it.

3. depends what brand of laptop you got, my suggestion go through the cds they gave you, one will be labeled drivers/software probably, pop it in, and try to reinstall your audio drivers

4. Thanks guys, I'll see what happens!

5. Your fucked you gotta buy a new compouter ot oh>>

naw jus kiddin.. i dont kno labtops much but i guess there amlost the same? ;)

Maybe you jus done have a 'codec' for the file (.mp3 or .wav) .. try downloading windows media player or winamp!

Also rightclick My Computer > properties

go to the hardware tab and click on device manager

look for anything with a yellow ? mark or something with like a red x..

if it is like that it means you dont have a driver installed for that device..

(worst comes to worst, bring it to a MOM AND POP COMPOUTER STORE, dont go to a big place like best buy they will chare alot more, atleast round here!)

6. DUDE! You are the man!! System recovery worked! Not sure what its worth but +rep from me!!!:D