Any cockatoo/ parrot owners?

Discussion in 'General' started by biggg bassset, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Just spent the last week making an aviary and yesterday brought a sulfur crested cockatoo :)

Only 6 months old and is untamed so I'll have my hands full the next few months teaching it my fingers not food.

Anyone else own any big birds?

Attached Files:

2. My cousins own one like that. It's name is Sushi. Sweetest bird ever. Very friendly, it loves to just chill on your arm and say it's name.

My dad also used to keep 2 macaws at his business. They were assholes to me though. One was a red and blue, the other a blue and yellow. The blue and yellow got sick and passed away sadly.

3. Seeing birds in cages always makes me sad. They're meant to be free and flying, not locked in some 4x4 cage.

4. #4 Internetz, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2012
    Ideally they're NOT locked in… but I digress

I have a sun conure and my dad had an amazon/yellow nape (not sure, the story keeps changing. Senility and what not…) that knew proper English grammar and syntax. He'd form full sentences that no one had said to him. My dad would call out, when he got home, "Hello?" the bird would go "hello?" "Chief?"
    "Al?"
    "Yeah…"
    "AL!!!! ALLL!!!!!!"
    "Hey Chief"
    "Love you Al!"
    ETC…

Rain Man… that bird… I vaguely remember him… mostly because he took a shit in my brother's hair lol

He had to sell it to some bitch (more later) because my mom didn't like how loud he was…

The lady he sold him to SEEMED ok… but one day he went to visit him and she had him locked in his cage without food or water because "he kept shitting on the TV" even thought the cage was ON the motherfucking TV… My dad has been nearly suicidal ever since… he REALLY loved that bird… more (IMHO) than he does my mom… I feel really bad for him, I know tat feel, man...

5. I would have stolen the bird back.

6. I would have broken that old lady's neck… but that's just me

7. ^ brought up a bunch of links… not sure what to click?

Sapphire Macaw?

8. [quote name='"JesusGotBaked"']Seeing birds in cages always makes me sad. They're meant to be free and flying, not locked in some 4x4 cage.[/quote]

If it's any consolation its gone from being crammed in a tiny rabbit hutch with 5 other cockies to 3 x 2 x 2 meter aviary :)

And yeah once they are tame enough and bonded to you they will just follow you round mostly if you take them out of the cage

9. It's toucans for sale and sorry bout the link I think it's beacuse my phone

10. I would serious murder someone for a freaking acari toucan! lol
    [​IMG]

11. [quote name='"Internetz"']I would serious murder someone for a freaking acari toucan! lol
    [/quote]

I will murder you for the toucan after you murdered someone

12. I will haunt your ass from the grave to get the soul of that toucan!

13. #16 Senior PoopiePants, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2012

I have a Parrolette that's a small parrot. He's out of his cage more than he's in. And he and other "caged" birds will live 20x longer (literally) than a wild bird and will lead a much happier life.

My bird loves me. :)