Any chance to avoid mold??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ilikeweedtoo, Oct 11, 2011.

1. well the humidity is a very big issue for me. the rh in house is 75-85% , in tent with light on it gets about 60% but with lights off it reaches 99%. i now that for now its not a problem (vegging) but in about 2 weeks i will start flowering.
    the soil stays wet for more than 20 days if i water , is there a way to dry it?? i accidently droped a water-drop on a leaf and stayed there for like 4 days without evaporating.
    i am using 3 crystal dehumidifier , the big ones (one is supposed to be for 60 square meters and my hole apartment has 48 sq.m and the grow room about 22) + a 100 euros dehumidifier just like this : dehumidifier .
    they all work because they gather a lot of water its just that the rh doesnt drop a bit. is there any chance i can avoid mold???

2. as long as its below 45% your safe for flowering

3. Thats the problem he is at 99 with lights off which is half of his flowering time, have you though about putting a small dehumidifier directly in the grow tent?

4. yeah... two.. those with crystals. the electric one is outside cause its to big. i have 2 fans for ventilation. open the window daily for fresh air... just cant reduce that damn rh.

thanks knew that. :)

5. Damn, I would just be easy on your watering, I mean I cant really think of many ways to lower your RH other than what you are already doing.

6. yea thanks. well but what if they get mold an just grow them like that chop em dry them and smoke? is it smokable? leavin that health problem aside :)). or the mold completely ruins the buds and their potency. its not like i dont smoke moldy buds anyway when buy from "street".

7. I dont wanna risk telling you yes or no and being wrong, I would just keep an very close eye on them for the time being and maybe someone will pop and say tell you an awesome way to drop the humidity

8. yeah. or at least somenone recommed a very good electric dehumidifier. there must be other people that leave in high humidity areas.

9. yeah I have the RH problem as well, lights off I hit like 80%, I am good with the lights on though. I have used the crystal deal and all they seem to do is collect water. and with winter coming up and my location I would think that my rh will be at 99% here soon.

Here is some good news though, I ran this cycle @ 55% rh lights on and 75-80% lights off and had no mold. I did create a space to cure that has a way lower RH and everything turned out fine. My RH is starting to hit highs now and have since bought a ac/dehumidifier combo that actually works. It will be worth the money if ti saves your crops.

I have this one now and it keeps my RH now at around 60% during lights off.
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_211842-8000...product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=Portable

10. wow that's pretty big and expensive. i already have a small electric dehumidifier that is supposed to take 10l of water per day + some crystal dh. and no big change. i was thinking of buying another small electric dehumidifier but nothing that expensive. i already spent like 700 euros on my setup .

11. I have a larger area to cool/dehumidify. They make smaller units. that cost 1/3 of that and are prob. 3 times as effective. Just food for thought.

12. can you give me an exact model that is smaller and has a real effect?
    thanks

13. i dont think you understood me :). i already own something like this and it doesnt have a good effect. so what is was looking for is persons that also leave in high humidity area and that use a specific product that does the job very well (erducing at leas 35-40% of rh). of course i looked for those, i am not that lazy.

14. Amish farmers will hang 50 pound bags of rice in front of ventalation fans to take moistire out of barnes when hanging tobacco. Also some things like liquid ladybug, or neem oil will also help prevent and kill some molds. Just a thought.

15. thanks good info. tho i am not very shore about that rice efficiency its good to know taht neem oil will be able to kill some molds.

16. #17 hostileguy, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011