Any blades out there who know proper diets, health

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by supersmoker27, Nov 16, 2009.

1. First off please no raggin on me for any of this please.

I do a lot of drugs, I dont eat right, I dont excercise. I can feel my body angry with me. Im gonna work on cutting back once I finish off the last of my stash ( a couple days tops) but thats NOT THE TOPIC HERE.

I wanna treat my body right. So if any blades are traing to be personal trainers,nutritionists,etc. or anything, PLEASE help me out.
    Im a pale, skinny, weak, heavy smoker, weigh about 130lbs, 6feet tall, can do about 2 chinups

So whats a realisitc excersise routine? wanna work out the whole body. I have a place to run and I have some weights. mabye a combo of a jog, weight lifting and pushups,pull ups? idk and idk how many.

Now for the diet?

Im willing to give up all the munchies I eat but I need something to replace em with. and I guess I need a steady breakfast, lunch, dinner with food groups or something?

2. or, you could just do acid once a week, let your body naturally tune itself, every acid trip you have, just run through the forest for at least 2 hours, and every other day, do 3 reps of 100 pushups, and 2 reps for 50 sit ups every three hours, eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen, dinner like a peasant. go vegan. you'll be a stud by summer.

3. Yeah I will, when i get a steady acid connect or enough money for RC's. then controlling my other substance abuse wont be so hard.

So go jogging 2 hours, 3 reps of 100 pushups, and 2 reps for 50 sit ups, every 3 hours every other day and GO VEGAN.

GOTCHA, thank you

any other suggestions. hopefully someones on adderall and feels like gettin specific lol.

4. #4 Neth311, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
    Hey, wassup, Supersmoker.

On the Diet subject. It's all about Making healthy choices about what food is available to you.

Lets say you go to McDonalds. You have a lot of choices available to you.

Lets say you normally order a Big Mac meal, with fries and a soda.

A better choice would be.

A Chicken sandwich, fried or grilled, doesn't matter still healthier than fried beef. Some Apple Dippers instead of fries. A side salad easy on the ranch. and maybe a small fry if you eat all the salad and apples. For a drink. A free water, and Orange Juice, Apple Juice, or Milk, instead of Soda or a Shake.

That is still far more healthier than the first meal. Not only that, your eating more food, but it's less filling, and they have far more nutrients.

At home, you have to make those same choices. But you also have to start buying healthier stuff. The challenge is to make healthy food, that taste good to you, without really comprising either nutrition or taste too much.

So you'll have to start cooking, if you don't know how, you can just learn as you go along. You can always take some sort of cooking class, or nutrition class.

You can also peep my opiate detox diet, sure you've read part of it, in the appreciatin thread.

http://forum.grasscity.com/pandoras-box/497390-dragon-detox-diet.html

5. oh yeah, work out first thing in the morning, then eat your breakfast.

acid has helped me learn to treat my body with respect. i can honestly say since i've started tripping regularly i've been steadily making myself more fit. which i need. because i am so out of shape. now i probably do 500+ sit ups a day just throughout the day. every time i feel somewhat tired, or bored, i just pop out sit up ups until i feel the burn.

also, drink a lot of water, stop drinking everything else except maybe green tea and juice. if you don't have a large appetite a protein shake and a peanut butter and apricot sandwich on wheat toast is a great breakfast.

6. You know what healthy food is. Just follow the food guide basically and you'll be set. And as neth said it's about making healthier choices. It's not realistic to say you're never going to eat out ever again - but its is much more manageable to say that you're not going to order what you know isn't good for your body. You should make sure you get something from each of the food groups every single day. Drink TONS of water. No pop, nothing with artificial sweetener, no sugary juices, etc. The only things that are acceptable other than water would be pure fruit juices.

As for exercise - start out small and work your way up or you'll probably find yourself sore and discouraged. If you're a heavy smoker and haven't been active for a long time, you're probably not actually going to be able to go for a steady jog. So start out with walking, after about a week switch to jogging and then walking when you tire, and soon enough you'll be able to run for as long as you want. Running really is the best they say, but it's high impact. You can also try other things like cycling and swimming, which are a lot easier on your joints and in most cases not as fuckin boring.

Good luck!

7. get a job pitching hay, stick to 3-day drugs (pills mostly), if you still need the drugs. Watch how much bread you eat, eat a bunch of protein, beans, rice, chicken, and eggs. keep up on those veggies and fruits, they are what will get your metabolism goin.

do as many reps of push ups/ pull ups as you can. then once you get tired from your first set, take a short break, and do another set. repeat until you feel thoroughly used. sit ups are good too. go jogging. start at like a mile or whatever you can do, then work into jogging until you have no more time to spend on jogging. Don't overdo it all at once, your body will hate you if you're not careful.

and before you do anything, research the topic and get science behind you. you will get about a million different responses, all saying something slightly different than the last post. It's best to see this as a starting point, then read the science, and decide for yourself.

the general idea is that eating from all the food groups in the right amounts, and physical activity will get/keep you in shape. it's not rocket science, you just have to find something that works for you that you can stick too, that's the important part.

8. shit guys i really appricate the help and future apprication to the people who continue to post.

and yeah Neth I all ready only drink water, beer now and then. but im a strict water drinker. also I eat fast food a lot so im just gonna 100% cutting out fast food (ive got much bigger problems then quittin fast food so thats a breese).

Guess its time to make a shopping list of healthy snacks. thanks for that breakfast idea light green. gonna make it after I go to the store.

ALSO I have a sensitive stomach, family with ulser history and take prilosec on bad days, so no spicy/heavy foods ya know.

9. Look man, theres a few simple rules that you can follow in order to get ripped and have your body loving you.

1) Limit your food intake. Myself and many others knowledgeable about human physiology and health reccomend eating almost no carbs during the day (just eat lean protein, chicken, turkey, and LOTS of vegetables.) DO NOT EAT FAST FOOD.
    -Try eating minimal to no carbs during the day, and this will allow you to absolutely pig out at dinner (before 8 or 9 o clock) on whatever you want and it wont matter.

2) Fast for at least 2 hours before exercising and do not eat anything at least an hour afterwords. Your body still burns fat for a good amount of time after working out/running.

3) Your Workout:

This is one I gained from a mens health magazine (one i dont know exactly because i dont have it with me but Ive got it pretty close)

Monday - chest and triceps. Chest exercises = straight bench, incline bench, decline bench, cable flys, and dumbbell bench (incline, decline, and straight again.)
    Triceps exercises = french press, triceps overhead dumbbell, and dips...possibly reverse rows as well depending on how fresh your feeling.

Wednesday - Legs and abs. Leg exercises include: quad extensions. squat, front squat, hang clean and power clean, seated and standing calf raises. Abs = any medicine ball exercises - you can look so many of them up online and they all work provided you use a fairly heavy, say 10 to 12 pound ball, and do them in rapid succession.

Friday - Back and biceps. Back exercises include: seated row, bent over dumbbell row, upright row, lat pulldowns (both forward and with your elbows bent outward pulling down with your biceps as well. Biceps exercises include: power curl (standing), concentration curl (sitting), and once again seated front row.

Pull ups and dips will always increase overall body strength as well very quickly.

Hope this helps, PM me if you would like me to find out the real article and give you the entire cmplete workout with the number of sets and reps.

10. Yo man, don't listen to what most of these guys are saying, being healthy is really simple.

First off, a bunch of people are telling you these different work out routines involving only pushups and pullups. You need to work every muscle in your body as a whole to really stimulate muscle growth. Otherwise your body will develop at different rates and muscles that are lagging are gonna be more prone to injury. What you want to do are compound lifts like deadlifts, squats, bench press, and military press. Don't do isolation exercises yet, because you even said yourself your weak and skinny, you need to build up some basic strength in your whole body first before assigning yourself "back and bicep" days and "calf, quad, and hamstring" day. A good routine I'd recommend would be say
    Mon-Squats, power clean and jerk, bent over row. This will work almost every muscle in your body and you will be sore as fuck for a few days.
    Thurs-Deadlifts, snatches, lunges w/ weight. This is also a pretty intense routine, no pain no gain.
    Sun-Wide grip pullups, and medium grip pullups, the different grips stimulate different muscles. Bench press, calf raises, anything you want to do on a muscle you feel you havent worked, the idea is to use your whole body over the course of training in a week, but without overloading the body.

This is just a mock-up routine, my best advice is to go to a site like bodybuilding.com, they have a shitload of articles all about exercises, training, nutrition, physiology and kinesiology, all kinds of shit.

Basically look for mass building routines, the best ones will be mostly compound lifts (lifts that use more than one muscle group to move the weight). Studies show that when the whole body is stressed as is the case with compound lifts, the muscle growth response is greater. This is cuz you can lift more weight if you use your whole body to assist you in it. Thats why deadlifts, squats, and the Olympic lifts are so effective, they use almost every muscle in your body..

NOW the next two most important things are SLEEP and CALORIES.

People were talking about starving yourself for a few hours or some bullshit, please don't do that, that is fucking dumb.

First off, eat a healthy, full breakfast. After sleeping for 8 hours (which is the minimum you need if you're trying to put on muscle) your body is starving for calories, and if you don't eat fairly soon after you wake up, your metabolism will be slow for the rest of the day. So you won't get the most out the the rest of what you eat through the day.

Second, you need to be eating surplus calories. More in than you use up.

LISTEN CLOSELY-What you need to build muscle is protein, proteins, or after being broken down in your body, amino acids, forms together to build your muscles in your sleep, if you did any kind of activity to tear the muscle fiber (working out) than they'll be repaired, and the body builds it back stronger to prevent the stimuli from being as detrimental in the future.
    BUT proteins are complex molecules and the body uses alot of calories breaking them down, and it also uses calories digesting them and putting them into your body for your muscles to use, so you need a source of energy. This comes from CARBS.

YOU NEED AT LEAST A 4:1 CARB TO PROTEIN RATIO if your looking to put on some real mass. You also need a little bit of fat, too, just because your body needs it. Make sure it's not super bad fat. Maybe some olive oil you use to cook your chicken breast. I'll recommend a 1:8:2 fat to carb to protein. You need hella calories if your trying to get bigger, so try to eat regularly throughout the day, never fast.

I REPEAT NEVER FAST.

Alright, next is sleep, that is when the muscle growth occurs. I'm sure you can see how important sleep is. Sleep until you wake up, i.e. get as much as you need. Don't do any kind of uppers that will make you stay awake, dehydrate, and not eat. That will eat your body away. Sleep is one of the most important things, right behind
    WATER
    You need alot of water if you're trying to get bigger, at least 108 oz a day.

Basically dude, just start out small, change your eating habits so you're eating better stuff, start drinking milk, 8 grams of protein in 8 fl oz, and it's pretty much just water with whiteness.
    Do basic compound lift routines for a few months until you have good strength in your whole body. Than you can move on to isolation exercises.

But make sure if you wanna work out you do it the smart way, you will see better results, much faster, and you won't be nearly as likely to get hurt.
    Calves, quads, hamstrings, glutes, lower back(erectors), upper back(lats, traps, rhomboids) delts(or your shoulder, all three heads) triceps(all three parts) bicep, upper pecs and lower pecs, rectus abominus, serratus anterior, obliques.

11. dude do thism first go to bodybuilding.com and check out the articles on fitness. secondly bulk up to 180lb it will take some time but what you want to gain is muscle not fat, doing a clean bulk will allow you to gain that much healthy weight which will allow you to do a whole range of activities.

12. I forgot some really important shit people told you to do that you should NOT DO.

One person said don't eat for an hour after you workout. Fuck that, thats retarded, eat as soon as your done. Working out uses all the glycogen stores in your muscles and you're literally starving for energy. Don't fucking ever starve yourself for energy.

Also if your a fucking madman like me, try out interval training, do one set of different exercises back to back to back to back, the nonstop motion creates a grueling cardiovascular workout too. Even though its all weightlifting.

Also, I said this in my other post, but I cannot emphasize the importance, do compound and olympic lifts. Look up the best mass building compound lifts, and just look up proper form for snatches, cleans, and jerks. Those are simply some of the best muscle growth stimulating exercises.

13. god bdubs you know your shit bigtime. will do what you said, Just still need to figure out a good diet.

14. yo bdubs360 im Just gonna copy your workout routine completly because im having a hard enough time finding out what the names of the things in the workout you listed lol.

15. #15 bdubs360, Nov 16, 2009
    yo that routine was just top of the head, that won't really work all the stuff you need to work. I'm about to blaze up and go to sleep, but I'll pm a comprehensive workout tomorrow.

If you really get into it, workin out is an addiction man, I personally love doing it baked and then blazin up right afterwards, hella endorphin rush.

And this is jsut a personal theory I've been working on, but unless my logic is wrong, smoking weed after you workout will bring you better results. Check it, smoking gives you the munchies, even if you just got done eating you'll be able to eat more, so you're metabolism is presumably boosted, which means you'll be retreiving all the nutrients you can from the food. You need nutrients right after working out more than you ever need nutrients, so blazing up immediately after you work out, and then eating right after (45 minute window after working out to eat, forgot to mention that) will promote more muscle growth. I'm hoping it's legit, cuz that'd be fuckin tight, and I'd be like, man I knew that shit fo eva.

haha i'm so out of it, take it easy bro

16. you needa find some healthy foods that are right for you that you would be willing to eat a lot.

like most days of the week i have cheerios and fruit for breakfast, this grilled chicken sandwich for lunch and then mix it up for dinner.

if i have it set in my mind that im gonna eat those meals, and just those meals (usually with some healthy snacks in between), then i end up doing just that, and not even the munchies could stop me.

and you gotta space out your meals just right, i.e. not eat within a certain time before you go to bed and make sure you eat within an hour of waking up (this is key for your metabolism)

17. #17 mcgrblunts, Nov 16, 2009
    "People were talking about starving yourself for a few hours or some bullshit, please don't do that, that is fucking dumb.

First off, eat a healthy, full breakfast. After sleeping for 8 hours (which is the minimum you need if you're trying to put on muscle) your body is starving for calories, and if you don't eat fairly soon after you wake up, your metabolism will be slow for the rest of the day. So you won't get the most out the the rest of what you eat through the day."

No offensive to you man, but think about the physics/chemistry/ metabolism of humans in order to determine why you are wrong.

If one were to eat mad protein before and after workouts thinging that it would go straight to your muscles, you are sorely mistaken. The only way for you to burn fat in your workouts and gain lean muscle which is still as strong as any person who might be 30 pounds heavier than you, is to eliminate food from your diet before and one hour after you work out.

When you work out, if you already have fat/carbohydrates in your body, your body will burn the energy you just put in as opposed to burning excess fat. Why would your body choose to burn essential fat surrounding your muscles as opposed to simply using the food which you ate 20 minutes before you worked out?

The key to getting ripped is to force your body to use the excess fat around your muscles as energy during your workout, as opposed to simply deriving energy from the food you ate 20 minutes ago. Therefore, fast before your workouts and your body will burn calories from pre existing fat, rather than fat which is already stting in your stomache.

Secondly, it is scientifically proven that male bodies burn fat for AT LEAST ONE HOUR after you go through a tough workout. If you put a protein shake or food in your body before that point, once again this brings us to the same problem. Your body is using food energy to recover as opposed to reducing fat surrounding your muscles in order to gain the same amount of energy.

In fact, your body using pre existing and excess fat is more efficient and healthy than using fat from the burger you ate one hour before you worked out beause the fat surrounding your muscles has already been processed by your body and is as efficient as possible. Instead, eating a burger after a workout burns fat from the burger and stores the excess nutrients (which make you look more bloated than you actually are) into your muscles.

Why not go into your workout knowing that your body is burning solely the energy which exists on top of your muscles and whatever area you would like to improve, as opposed to simply burning your fat and caloric intake which you just ate before or after you worked out.

not only am i actually a certified personal trainer, but think about it. Come on. My method is legitimately the only method which is proven to reduce fat in a matter of days.

You should send me a private message. I will not mislead you in any way (considering i went through he exact same predicament as you when I was overweight) and learned strategies to increase my chances of having the body that I wanted and the body that girls would look at and automatically (because of evolutionary tendencies and the psychology of women) associate with sex and intimate relationships which I am sure you would like to take advantage of.

I would like to help you and guys like you and I with the knowledge I have gained and the strategies which have worked for myself and all of my college buddies. PM me and pretty soon getting any girl you want because of the way you look will be like shooting fish in a barrel. Your conquests can even start earlier than mine ever could, considering I needed to figure this all out for myself.

This goes for anyone interested in the things I have been talking about. Without sarcasm or cockiness, I know that i have figured out a workut/diet routine which has allowed me to essentally gain the confidence I needed to approach any girl I wanted to with an extremely high success rate.

I would love to help any of you guys on this website, just let me know.

BY THE WAY -
    MY AIM adress is grrrkerplunk. Hit me up anytime boyz

-happy toking by the way

18. bro, get arnolds encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding. then, keep smoking and keep eating. your a tall motherfucker, 6 feet and only 130? your metabolism is probably sky high, and is just going to be burning more calories once you start working out. to put some meat on those bones, eat, eat, eat, 6 times a day. 90% diet, 10% exercise. with that said, follow some of the diets above, especially the kid who is talking about your protien:carb ratio, he knows what hes talkin about. and lift HEAVY! arnold is numero uno :smoking:

19. #19 bdubs360, Nov 16, 2009

Hey dude, this guy isn't trying to lose any fat, he's 6 ft and 130 lbs, at this point I was recommending him to eat as much as he can and to lift heavy with compound lifts and stimulate his whole body. I don't see how what I told him was bad advice. If he does what you're saying he'd waste away into nothing. How much more percent body fat does he need to lose? Probably none, that's why he was asking about diet and exercise.

TO GET BIGGER.

You're right, it's good to wait an hour after you eat to work out, the body is using up calories digesting it and that directs blood flow away from your muscles a bit.
    But immediately after a workout you need something to supplement your muscles.

Like protein and simple sugars, or a fat glass of chocolate milk.
    From what I've read, and I'm not a licensed, trained personal trainer, just an 18 year old with a liking for knowledge and fitness, is that you build muscle by tearing the fibers, eating the right foods so your body can repair itself, and then sleeping all night, which is when the muscle protein synthesis occurs.

And no offense, but I don't really believe your a certified personal trainer at the age of 19. Furthermore, your entire post that was criticizing mine looks and reads just like some of those advertisement websites claiming you'll lose pounds of fat in a week.

And for the record, the whole getting girls just by having a nice body is some frat boy douchebag stuff in my opinion, having a nice body is a good side effect of being healthy. And health is really what should be of the main concern.
    In case you didn't notice thats what the original poster was trying to accomplish, being healthier, not fuckin random bitches because he has pecs and a six pack (with no discernible deltoids or lats because most people only work the muscles that they can see from the front. Thats great that it works for you and your college buddies but I'm not sure thats what supersmoker was looking for right off the bat

I don't know man, I don't mean to talk shit, but I was just trying to help the guy out.
    A lot of people know that if you want to see striations in the muscle you gotta have a low body fat percentage, well this guy has a low body fat %, I was giving him tips on increasing his muscle mass through hypertrophy and proper eating.

EDIT: Furthermore, if he wanted to lose fat, why wouldn't he just start doing cardiovascular exercises? I'm pretty sure he's looking to get bigger, not smaller

20. Get yourself some weight gainer, whey powder, creatine, and a gym pass.