Any actual Musicians here?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by BongGuy420, Apr 10, 2009.

1. I am a trumpet player. I love toking before jamming. I love to improvise, I am a big jazz player. I like classical, but jazz is awesome when you are high. especially, bebop like dizzy and bird. but i am also a huge clifford fan as well as lee morgan. Miles is awesome too. any jazz performers here? smoke some a nice jay before you warm up.

2. Right here man, I play the piano. I can't get enough jazz or blues in my system, and improv is my specialty. I don't love anybody specifically except Steve Nixon, he's a freaken beast on the piano.

And yes, I love smoking up before a jam session. I normally go to my local church because it's usually empty and use their grand piano right after a fat bowl.

It's so peaceful there and serene; not to mention i always bring my recorder so i have butt loads of music i record when i'm high.

3. i don't play jazz, but i really do enjoy listening to it. my father was a dj for a jazz station in san francisco back in like '93.

i play guitar. and obviously it's awesome playing it high. i could entertain myself for hours if i have weed and a guitar.

4. ive been playin drumset for 6 years, marching tenors for three. i dabble in guitar and bass, and know a bit about piano.

i used to be into jazz...but now its just whatever. techno...rock...stuff like that.

5. Guitar and some piano

6. I love Bill Evans, and Count Basie. Two of the piano greats.

7. When it comes to drums- art blakey period.
    Coltrane is my man. I also love sonny rollins. I think many jazz musicians and musicians in general blaze a lot. You can enter a new world. Musical World.I don't know, I am really high. I will go improv 32 bar blues key of G while my netflix loads. peace.

8. i play guitar and love playing everything.. lately ive been in a kind of southern/sludge/stoner rock mood ( Mastodon - Crack the Skye is probably one of the best cd's ever.)...before that i was playin a lot of blues and jazzy things.. and before that i played in a couple indie rock bands for about 3 years.. no matter what im playing though, there is just nothing better.

9. I play guitar, bass, piano, clarinet, bass clarinet, trombone, accordion, harmonica, and the drums. Any instrument lying around will eventually end up in my hands one way or another and I will eventually teach myself how to play, it's just something that comes naturally.

Many a jam sessions went down when I was blazed, always better imo.

10. guitar and maybe some other things

11. I play drums, I play a little guitar, and I've gotten compliments on my singing voice.

12. Yo man, I play trumpet all the fucking time!

Right now I'm playin on a Strad 37 bell and a reverse lead-pipe. I picked it up used at only $750 and this thing is fucking KILLER when it comes to any bop charts. I haven't been playing too much these past few weeks but I'm playing tomorow morning for 2 easter services. $500 in my pocket hehehe...

13. I study classical guitar under a guy named Douglas Niedt (he's a professor at University of Missouri-Kansas City); I also played clarinet from elementary school through my junior year of high school.

Currently, I use ProTools to record analog sources (guitar, voice), and Reason for any electronic lines/pieces. I have applied to UMKC for Music Composition, and will be starting either in the fall or spring (if I start in the fall, I'll only be taking a couple classes, as the deadline for applications for the full Music Comp program ended back in February).

I create & enjoy a variety of music. Modern classical minimalism, electronic, progressive rock, and some indie/pop (think Death Cab for Cutie & Talking Heads) are a few of the genre's I like.

Here's a couple bits of music I've recorded to give you a small taste (haven't been able to record lately, as I need a root canal & the pressure of my headphones against my head gives me a headache).

Guitar, Electronic

14. Awesome that you study classical guitar! I was a piano performance major but I switched to a theatre major, music minor in piano and voice. I also use ProTools! :)

I love to compose music when I'm high... those 88 keys of mine hold no boundaries. Music is at my fingertips :)

15. I play the flute... Not trying to brag or nothing...but I'm pretty damn good to. Been playing for about 7 years. I love to get some weed and just play play my flute.:)

16. I play and teach the guitar. I play the bass and piano as well. I'm dabbling in drums ATM as well.:)

17. Another multi-instrumentalist in the house! I play Guitar, Electric Bass, and Piano/Synth

I compose my own music and have a band, Skepsis. I prefer Heavy Metal, Progressive/Art Rock, Classic Rock, and Electronic Ambient.

18. I play trombone in a jazz band and also in a ska band which is really cool. I don't know if I can play high or not haha. I always want to but practising isn't my thing :p