Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxious about starting

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by C-Ausrider, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Hi all,
    I’ve never smoked before but a friend showed me all the research on how good it is for anxiety and depression, which I struggle with pretty bad.
    I’ve got a guy lined up to sell me some, but I’m unsure of what I should do when I meet him, should we meet somewhere? He comes to my house? What do I do/say?
    My parents are pretty strict as well, so I’ll only smoke when they are gone and outside the house, in a shed where I’m building a motorbike, there’s an industrial air purifier in there.
    All in all I am just looking for some advice to calm the anxiety, cause you know, it’s a big hassle for me, hence me getting some stuff in the first place.
    Thanks,
    C

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

2. How old are you if you're having to hide smoking weed from your parents lol

3. I’m 18, and living at home while I wait for university to start.
    It’s not that accepted here in Australia.

4. So your parents will let you drive a motorbike which could kill you with 1 wrong move but won't let you smoke weed which can never kill you damn lol

You should be fine if you have an air purifier dude

• Like Like x 2
  5. I have always had my dealer come to my house, but I know him really good. You also might want to try some strains that are specifically for anxiety and depression. Different strains can have some pretty different effects so it's all about finding the one that works best for you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hahahahaha yeah, they are weird like that. Thanks for the help

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Yeah I’ve read a bit into it, I hope this helps me out.

8. your gonna get caught by your parents,,,youve never been high. and you think your gonna go around them. and them not notice your stoned,,,,

good luck with that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Have you ever seen a doctor? I mean, weed is definitely healthier than chemicals but still; I would at least get a diagnosis.

For instance, thyroid problems cause depression.

My youngest daughter has dealt with serious depression anxiety and claims CBD oil (with only 0.2% THC) has changed her life.

Don't forget; if you've never used cannabis,
    Just take a small hit or two and let it slowly hit you. Depending on the strain, you might get more anxious than when you're not high.

Some folks actually freak out the first time.
    Most don't though. They just get silly.

As far as your parents are concerned, buy some visene or clear-eyes than just be cool and don't talk to much. Red eyes and too much talking are a few signs of being baked.

If you don't like the feeling at first, be aware that it's not like that every time. After a few sessions you build a bit of tolerance and it's a lot more pleasurable.

Good luck!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  10. Yeah I’ve seen a doctor, it’s a genetics thing, and I have therapy, but the rest of the meds don’t work well and have really unpleasant side effects. Thanks for the advice, I’ll make sure to take it slow and see how I respond to it all.
    I just wish our government would legalise medicinal use, right now it is so restrictive.

11. Be careful using drugs to feel better. While weed is good for depression you can't stay high all the time. For depression or anxiety start tiny, you just need a slight change of mental attitude to feel better. It can turn a slow afternoon into a wonderful experience (especially when shared with a lady) but when it wears off you will still be you. If you take too much it will greatly increase your anxiety, especially if your are sneaking around doing it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I love marijuana with all my heart but I can sure say if I would have never done it my life would be better.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Oh and if it’s ur first time TAKE A DAB!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ive always thought the exact same thing

15. Just start off slow, smoke a little one hit at a time. Start with a joint or pipe. Also try 2 smoke outside or with a window open cause weed is strongggg haha