Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by David75, Mar 13, 2013.

1. How do I stop getting so worried when I smoke like I know I'm safe but it's like I can't stop.

2. You are probably a beginner so more experience will help. Being in a better/safer environment should calm you down and chill you out.

3. I took a wrong turn. last year blazed a mighty j n got all paranoid n had a massive panic attack. got me all wound up. after that incident everytime i smoked id get some form of anxiety. I had to quit, coz i didnt like the feeling. Anyway, i realised i was in a stressful part of my life, so i waited, it all got easier, now im back to toking. If i smoke too heavily i get jittery, but keepin it low dosin im perfect. also, indica better than sativa strains IMO. Dont force smoke.

4. I go through exactly the same thing. I suffer from panic/anxiety attacks so yeah I understand that feeling. When I first started smoking weed it took away my anxiety completely but about three years into it weed started to have the opposite effect on me. So i had to quit for about 8 months. Now its like a hit or miss when I smoke, sometimes I'm anxious sometimes not. Not that this is sound advice but try having like 1 beer before you smoke just to relax your mind and muscles. Me and my cousin swear by this lol I've never had a panic attack with that combo. If you feel tense and worried before you smoke that's what causes those feelings.

5. Is it just me or am I the only one who tries to smoke enough to get paranoid?

6. put a blind fold on.

7. Deep breathing, drink water, lay down, play a simple game like solitaire. If you're not good at it spider solitaire is easier, especially if you choose one suit. Also, diet and exercise are important. It could also be stress from life, is there anything you should be doing?

8. 1. smoke with close friends to comfort you

2. don't get nearly as high

3. be in a comfortable situation and mental state beforehand

4. realize it's medicine, use it as a tool. whether that be for your body or mind. if you feel anxiety you're using it wrong or just insanely too high

9. I'm starting to board around more when I'm high. I mean it helps a lil

10. I feel like I'm trying to hurry up when I smoke sometimes and I don't relax and just smoke.

11. Just like regular "general anxiety", its all in your head. Its the thought of or remembering your anxiety or panic attack that causes another one. The only thing that works for curing it is cognitive behavioral therapy. Look up "the Linden Method" if you are curious.

I'd recommend taking a hit and waiting 5-10 minutes before you take another. No rush. I find that if I ease myself into the high, I have a much better time.
    :wave:

12. Ya I'm deff going to try that. Ill check it out. Thanks