Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety When I Smoke, NEED HELP ASAP

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Savvos, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Hello, im new here to grasscity, ive actually been here a couple times looking for answers to my questions about smoking and i think its about time i just ask the questions myself on here, to begin iv been a cannabis user since i was 13 now being 19 so not many years but still... i never really got the high feeling when i was younger but now that im older OH YEAH i feel it, but anyways when i started smoking it was great i mean seriously great! but now a days iv been getting major anxiety issue when i smoke i feel like im too high even tho i only took like 3-4 chops out the bong and i just get really paranoid and its actually getting to the point where i wanna quit but at the same time i love weed and i never wanna stop, to be honest, and its messing up my high everytime i smoke and i want it to stop, everyone keeps telling me listen to music? play games? occupy my mind? and telling me weed isnt for me... well weed is for me cause its my choice to like it or not, but i want to like it but my high tells me to hate it so im really confused i just want to enjoy my high and relax chill listen to music play games and actually occupy my mind but anxiety f**ks it up HELP ASAP!! how can i enjoy my loving weed high again?

2. If this issue is really recent. Your body was just priming itself for cannabis when you started smoking again. The first time is very weak but the effects start to ramp up as you continue to smoke over days. Just lower your consumption if it's too strong.

3. Why do you need weed to do average shit?

4. Smoke less. Take individual hits and see how you feel find your happy place, don't try and match your friends. If your getting anxious or paranoid smoke less dude.

5. Are you happy in your life without weed? I've had a problem like this before and it was because I wasn't happy in my life, and I was trying to use weed to actually make me happy. Maybe quit for a week or two, or try to change up your life for the positive. Get a girlfriend or something, if you don't already have one. If you do, and she's a bitch, get a new one.  :smoke:

6. Thanks for all the great help its good to know grasscity helps out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. #7 Storm Crow, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    Change the kind of cannabis you are using. Most modern cannabis has had all of the CBD bred out of it in favor of THC. This is a BIG mistake!  CBD balances out the THC high that on its own, can make you paranoid. In fact, CBD has been used for anxiety-

Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients.        (abst – 2011)     http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21307846

Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug.     (full – 2012)
    http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1516-44462012000500008&lng=en&nrm=iso&tlng=en

Cannabidiol inhibits THC-elicited paranoid symptoms and hippocampal-dependent memory impairment.        (abst – 2012)       http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23042808

You can find the names of "High CBD" strains here- http://www.projectcbd.org/plant/strain-library/

You might also consider starting to take Omega 3 on a regular basis. The way you get high is that THC activates the CB1 receptors in your brain. Without Omega 3 in your system, the receptors are not hooked up right. Its like a speaker with a loose wire.  When too many of your brain's CB1 receptors are "duds", it impacts your mood and cuts into your high!  These dudes were just looking at the mood problems and Omega 3 deficiency, but since mood and getting high both take place in the hippocampus, what affects one affects the other-

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.   (abst – 2011)           http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21278728

"In n-3-deficient mice, presynaptic cannabinoid CB(1) receptors (CB(1)Rs) normally responding to endocannabinoids were uncoupled from their effector G(i/o) proteins. Finally, the dietary-induced reduction of CB(1)R functions in mood-controlling structures was associated with impaired emotional behavior. These findings identify a plausible synaptic substrate for the behavioral alterations caused by the n-3 PUFAs deficiency that is often observed in western diets."

Plain English translation-  In Omega 3 deficient mice, the CB1 receptors, that react to your body's own THC-like compounds, were left unattached to their next piece, the effector proteins. Finally, this creating of dud receptors in mood-controlling parts of the brain is associated with mental problems. This give a reasonable explanation why Americans are nuts!!!

Some simpler articles-

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?  http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Long-Before-Fish-Oil-Works-on-Depression-to-Lift-Your-Mood?&id=4229948

Omega-3 deficiency disrupts cannibinoid receptor function in brain        (news – 2011)
    http://www.wellsphere.com/general-medicine-article/omega-3-deficiency-disrupts-cannibinoid-receptor-function-in-brain/1347465

If a lack of Omega 3 can "twist" your moods, it doesn't seem that far-fetched that it could mess with your high, too!

Hope that helps!

Granny

8. What Granny said! Try different strains. I'd also suggest some light tokes off a J instead of a bong, since bongs seem to give a more intense feeling. Also have you tried toking LESS? Yes you can just take 2 tokes from a bong, no need to go overboard. Have an activity to do after and you won't need to take more bong hits.

9. These threads are getting so old

10. You have to learn your limits.  There is too much emphasis on the more you smoke the cooler you are.  You need to learn your limit and stop after that.  If it only takes 1 or 2 rips for you to feel good then stop after that.  You are good, no need to go beyond that.  You are done, no need to try and impress anybody.

11. #11 Death starr, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    Same thing was happening to me after i started smoking again after 1yr. I just take 1-2 hits from a bowl now and get a good high but without the paranoia. However, i dont smoke much anymore. Usually just at night after work so idk how you do it. Getting '' high as fuck '' isn't worth it if you don't enjoy your high because of paranoia, so try 1hitters.

ps: Don't listen to the idiot going over the compounds of weed and taking fish oil. You never know what kind of weed you're getting, anyone can slap a cool name on some bud. (respect for an old school stoner though) just don't feed him that BS.

pss: To sum up everything i just said, just reduce your consumption.

Im high.

12. ok nigga. no needa quit smokin ~.~
    lissen to some music brahhhhhh 

13. You obviously don't know what you are talking about.
    Fish oils (especially omega 3) drastically help anxiety and depression.

THC can make anxiety worse when CBD can make it go away entirely.

Yes it's true some dealers will slap random names onto random strains, but how about applying for medical or growing your own? There are plenty anti anxiety strains (high CBD, low THC) strains out there like Harlequin and Charlottes Web.

Omega369 :wave:

14. If you have to start taking supplements because of weed then you have a problem. Don't revolve your life around bud, revolve bud around your life.

15. It's probably mostly a placebo kind of thing.

16. #16 IndicaHaze, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
    +1 on that 100% 
    Id like to add to that. I've had anxiety issues in the past (real bad ones not related to cannabis at all, and a few recently like yours). They are horrible, when high, or when not high. Since I had so much experience with anxiety in the past, I was trying to find a way to control it. What I've realized is that its not good to fight, and also not always good to just accept it (depending on the situation). The best is to let it go. (ya, easier said than done) But! You ever notice that anxiety usually starts when you start to think about anxiety, or something you already associated it with? You think,  "wow, im feeling great! im glad I don't feel anxious" or maybe in the back of your mind you associate the act of smoking cannabis with it. Then all of a sudden you put yourself into a paradox. In other words your thinking is totally contributing to your anxiety. That is the single most important thing to remember. Just let it go and focus on whats important. If you catch yourself in the rut, change your thinking patterns. Just like Rage against the machine said, "you gotta take the power back!" But, don't fight it! 

Another amazing tip I've learned from my experiences is, the human brain finds it very difficult to do 2 or more things at the same time (and I don't mean easy things) . So read a book, or sing some music, play a guitar. All those types of things will help you to side track anxiety. 

People with anxiety have high levels of cortisol in their system. This is triggered from stress. For example, if your in a forest and a bear is chasing you, your gonna be pumped full of it, so you get the fight or flight response and get the hell out of there. But in a situation where your just sitting on your couch, Its all artificially triggered by your thoughts. Therefore, is 100% avoidable/controllable with some practice. 

Hope that helps you

17. #17 Savvos, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    One difficulty i have is actually getting those anti anxiety strains, also i dont know if im correct but lately iv been feeling less hungry and only hungry when i smoke, and its taken a drastic change in my weight, im a tall guy weigh about 160 height 193cm so pre tall, its also making me feel sick every morning before bed, also i cant sleep much.

18. Hell of a post man.

19. You need a 4 week t break brosef

Sent from my SM-T210R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Not to sound newbie or anything but whats a T Break? Lol im guessing i need one considering i dont even know what that is haha