Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety caused by Marijuana.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by AmbrosiaDream, Jul 2, 2018.

1. I’ve had some symptoms ever since I began smoking. I first started using Marijuana about 3 months ago and ever since my second smoke I had a really bad experience. I had a panic attack and I thought I was going to die. Ever since that day I always feel like my heart is not healthy. I feel pain in my heart but I don’t know if it’s just in my head. I’ve only used a Vaporizor. It’s pretty strong 75% thc. The oil is called Ambrosia Dream. It doesn’t stop me from smoking but I’d rather not be anxious all the time. For the past few weeks I’ve been hearing things when I smoke. It’s like a light squeak. It’s really loud, it’s not really an issue while I’m smoking but for some reason 2-3 days after I smoke I can still hear stuff when there is white noise in the background. I just want to know what I should do. Is it all in my head?

2. 1st off Concentrates are just that..CONCENTRATED THC..Being new, maybe try some flower first (NOT a Sativa).

MOST Sativas will make you jumpy/anxious (they do me)..Indicas will make you more relaxed ( mostly). Trick is to button the type(s) of high(s) you like/want and proceed to locate what you want. Go to Leafly.com, Allbud, or the like and look up the strain(s) you want. Google it as well. You will find decent reviews from many who smoke/vape/eat weed for medical or recreational reasons. Been smoking for over 50 yrs now and I still love the sensation(s).
    For me, I need the medicinal benefits, but the feelings still make me happy and relaxed. I grow now so I can make whatever I want.

The MOST important thing to remember is that we are all very different and reactions vary between individuals to certain strains. When I was younger, I could smoke anything..today, I usually go for Indica stuff.

There are exceptions of course..If you want a nice MELLOW Sativa leaning strain..look form Super Lemon Haze!
    I love it during the daytime.

Enjoy and have fun.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yeah your heart should not be hurting wtf. And 75% of course if you're not used to it. Weed isn't for everyone. The hearing stuff doesn't sound great either. Sounds like low tolerance. But if you're already anxious and smoke, it will get amplified.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Obama Kush , straight up excellent smoke and ZERO anxiety!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Try smoking cannabis.
    :smiley-rolling-joint:

6. Thanks for the feedback. I’ll try to get some indica’s.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ask the budtender for something that has some CBD in it! Panic attacks were rare in the 60s and 70s when most cannabis still had CBD in it. In modern cannabis, most of the CBD has been bred out in favor of THC.

Action of cannabidiol on the anxiety and other effects produced by delta 9-THC in normal subjects. (abst – 1982) Action of cannabidiol on the anxiety and other effects produced by delta 9-THC in normal subjects. - PubMed - NCBI
    "It was verified that CBD blocks the anxiety provoked by delta 9-THC".

Impact of cannabidiol on the acute memory and psychotomimetic effects of smoked cannabis: naturalistic study (full – 2010) Impact of cannabidiol on the acute memory and psychotomimetic effects of smoked cannabis: naturalistic study | The British Journal of Psychiatry | Cambridge Core
    "The low-cannabidiol group had higher ratings of anxiety than the high-cannabidiol group".

Cannabidiol inhibits THC-elicited paranoid symptoms and hippocampal-dependent memory impairment. (full – 2012) SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

And the others are right. You should start with the natural herb. :smoke:

Hope that helps.

Granny :wave: