Anuffs Stuff

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by anuffstuff, Dec 2, 2012.

1. SDC10276.jpg

SDC10277.jpg

SDC10291.jpg

SDC10292.jpg

SDC10293.jpg

SDC10294.jpg

SDC10295.jpg

SDC10296.jpg ]
    This is my first grow with hydro.I know something is wrong but I need your help to solve.
    Day Temp80-85 F
    Night temp 60-67 F
    2- 10 inch air stones
    ph 5.9
    20 hr on 4 off
    put co2 gen on the sickest try to bring back
    Home made nutes from web(Miracle grow,epsom and crushed egg shell.)
    7- 23 watt daylight cfl and red and blue leds
    AfghanKush seeds
    Thanks for any help!
    Anuff

2. buy some hydro specific nutes and use those. I think your missing essential micro and macro nutrients

3. any specific you would recommend?

4. anything by canna is great, they have a large selection of products

5. ok...thanks for helping me out...I'll keep post updated with results

6. Just curious. Why the homemade nutes?

7. i like to experiment and I read a couple good articles about home nutes with excellent results.So I tried. First hyrdo grow with homemade nutes.I guess to many variables for a newbie.I did plenty of soil growing, just never had a interest in hyro till now. Seems like a interesting "hobby"

8. Hydro is a way different beast then soil. Your better off buying over the counter nutes and not "Experimenting". Especially on a system never used before. Just my 2 cents

9. ok..will do..thanks for the heads up

10. yeah let the professionals experiment with it, that's what they do for a living and they will do it on a huge scale and for a long time. for a personal grower to out do one of the commercial brands would be quite a task. I believe this is also true with soil growing although many people would disagree with me

11. The store close to me sells General Hydroponics Flora Series QT...is that worth getting?

12. That will work just fine. Just start out the plants at a 1/4 strength and raise little by little

13. ok..will do...thanks for the help

14. ***UPDATE*** One week after starting on store bought "juice"

Attached Files:

15. eliminated one sick plant. growing just 2 now. loving it!!smells so good!next time 5 gallon bucket per plant , I think it will be a lot easier on the plants and more room.I'll update this weekly until completed.any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for all those that helped!!
    AnUfF

16. Start 12/12 today.Should I eliminate some of the larger fan leaves to allow more light to reach the whole plant?
    Thanks
    AnUfF

Attached Files:

17. Not just yet. Trim the fan leaves after you get the stretch. It's happens the first 2 or 3 weeks of flower. The plants will change structure. Once that has taken place you can trim appropriately

18. never trim healthy fan leaves in the canopy. these are the parts of the plant that collect light and transfer it in to food that the plant uses to make bud. the plant also breaths through them. cutting off functioning fan leaves can only have a negative effect on bud production.

19. Its been 1.5 weeks since 12/on 12/off I guess everything is going like it should?Some stretching taking place.The biggest difference I noticed, since bulb change and cut hours, my leaf is turning paler in color.Normal??
    Thanks
    AnUfF

Attached Files: