anti-drug commercials

Discussion in 'General' started by Sovereign Psyche, Nov 5, 2005.

1. alright, so we all hate the anti-drug commercials
    but if you were an actor, and they were willing to pay you 100$ to be in one of the commercials
    would you do it?

i think i would, i mean, if they dont get me, than theyd get someone else anyway, and i might as well get the 100$ than spend it on some good weed, lol

2. I would do it but do a real shitty job. like when you say drugs are bad make it sound like its a question kinda like don't smoke kids... because drugs are bad? Then look real confused.

3. id be like wow, im way too stoned to act, i need some food and walk off the sound stage...

4. $100 farkin dollars? Hell no.

$1000 probably. $5000 definately.

Shit, janitors make about $20/hr around here, and I'm sure you'd probably have to wait around / make-up / auditions / actual recording would be at least 5 hours, so you'd be making less than a janitor.

5. astro damn good point,....

I would say, "kiss my ass, i am high right now you piece of shit anti-drug this!" then give them the finger,...

Seriously though, boxcarracer, i thought about it and yeah i would go buy a sack the second i got paid. but it's thinking like that that won't bring this shit to an end. I give you a thumbs down on your IDEA
    I say it because think of how many times you have been "stoned" (god i really hate that word) and have seen one of those commercials. They are so gay, they depict no sort of reality whatsoever. You know people don't do that sort of shit (the obvious drive thru and hit the girl, but also you know people who play basketball and are good as shit, the list goes on)

Bumtildeath: it comes down to your values/morals whatever you want to call it. I love money and getting paid is the shit! But that means i have to shit on something i love, Smoking bud. i have to tell everyone this shit sucks it's not who i am. when in reality I am proud to say i smoke weed and can do anything you can (those people who don't smoke at all) So honestly unless they are going to pay for my K20a2 (an engine, if you don't know don't worry) install, i say fuck it ESPECIALLY for the small amount you listed. Obviously you would get more,... (i hope)

Anyway, if i was an actor, i hope i wouldn't have to settle to do those loser ass commericals!

6. Most definately not for $100 just because I would never want to lie about my passion and mislead people that could be future tokers. Now $1000 would be a whole different story :devious:

7. I'm not so sure about them not being real man, one time I got insanely STONED and missed dinner with grandma.

An even better point would be that those commercials don't change anyones minds about smoking. If there going to smoke they will, if there not going to they won't, no matter what the stupid ass commercial says.The only thing they really do is make parents think reefer will turn your brain to shit and make you a lazy bastard.

8. haha i would definitely do it because if you ever see me just the way i look says that i do drugs, haha i look high all the time even when i'm not, so if i did an anti drug commercial kids would just be like "what the fuck, that dude definitely does drugs" and would know i'm not serious and that they should do drugs, and i'd have 100 bucks

9. Everyone has a price... so we would all do it, but the question is for what monetary value...

10. The time it would take wouldn't be worth 100.

But lets say they offered 1000, I would get high as hell and tape it doing a horrible job. Then afterwords bitch out whoever is directing the video for being such a dumbass.

11. not 100$ I'd need more than that simply because all those propaganda commercials do is brain-wash society. I'd also have to smoke up before we shoot the commercial, do a shitty job, then at the end be like "I have the munchies like a mother fucker. Im way too blazed to do this" or something like that.

12. Hey,

Being a stoner, and getting paid to talk governmental bullshit about the plant I love. Yeah, that's goin' to happen. I find that to be morally wrong. I would much rather work at my actual job for the $100 and keep my status as a marijuana-lover. Let's say you actually did this, do you know how many real stoners would want to beat the living shit out of you (myself included)? For every one of those commercials that goes on the air, sways another taxpayer against legalization. Peace.

-Timmy

13. Or take the money, im assuming bum was just putting a hundred as an idea not an actual amount you would be making probably a lot more than a hundred, and donate it all to norml.

14. I'd do it if I could be stoned. Then it wouldn't be a lie - more like patronizing them. :devious:

lol, on second thought no: I have better things to do.

15. if you dont do it, then someone else will, and then you wont get the money

thats what im saying

no matter what you do, the commercial is going on the air. so you might as well use the money and put it back into the marijuana growing/smoking community (yes i stole that from grasscity)

16. I was going to say that same thing. No, it's not against my morals to be on one of those ads, it's not like the studio can't find someone else to do it literally within 5 minutes if they wanted to. Might as well have some of their money go toward marijuana users than tools and narcs.

17. My friend I cannot agree with your logic. In fact that is the ultimate irony, you hate those commercials, but yet they are supposedly going to air anyway. So it might as well be you who gets the money? I understand that completely, but the problem is if everyone who hates those commercials thinks that way then they always will air. I mean you have to draw the line somewhere, and if your not willing to not be in those commercials, then you cant expect anyone else to refuse those commercials either. And if that happens they will continue to air. I see this as the same thing with Ralph Nader. I know this is digging a little deep into metaphors, but I think it serves my purpose. Ok so "no one" votes for nader during elections, even the ones who support him dont vote for him, becuase he doesnt have a chance right? But the reason he doesnt have a chance is becuase everyone who supports him already assumes he doesnt have a chance and therefore does not vote for him. Its circular. They say, "he wont win anyway" so they dont vote for him. But if they did vote for him maybe he would have a chance. See where I'm going with this.

18. yes, lol, that may be true, to some extent, but....

there will always be ppl against weed
    no matter what
    and if they dont get you to do the commercial
    the ppl that ARE against weed, will do it.
    and it WILL air anyway.

19. I understand completely. But consider this situation. If the KKK was running anti-black people commercials. You wouldn't expect a black person to play a part just because they would rather get the money then some white person right? They would have to do something about it, and the first step would be not participating or condoning the message at all.

20. lol
    do you know how completely different that is? lol]

i see what youre saying, but they are still going to air the commercials, no matter what you do
    even if it DOES become legal, they will still air it
    i might as well get the money, rather them some asshole that doesnt do drugs.