answer or she will die

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bluecheeze1, Oct 26, 2011.

1. ok so i have a 7 inch plant about 2 months old and has 8 sets of leaves its showing its sex its a female and i have 300 watts on her about 2 feet above i have a few questions like is this a good size for a plant her age? is this too much light or is it not enough? what type of fertalizer should i use? and a friend of mine said to cut the tips of the leaves off to premote root growth i havent tried just wanted to ask well please answer i dnt want my girl to have poor health

2. We need pics and temp readings to help....and a budget

3. You're missing a whole bunch of information in your post for us to answer your questions properly.

First of all, your plant is a bit small for being 2 months old. And only 8 set of leaves? Something is going on there.

What kind of soil are you using? pot size? type of lights? MH? HPS? CFL? t5?
    How is your light cycle? Temperature in the grow room? Watering schedule?

4. Answer or she will die? What exactly is the problem? Dont cut the leaves if you dont have to thats unnessecery stress. Genetics could be bad, no idea what soil or hydro set up your using and 300 watts of what, better not be incandescent. And no there is not too much light.

5. A 7 in. plant that is 2 months old sounds crazy. If the leaves are nice, green and healthy things might be alright. I believe only clones benefit from cutting the leaves.

The funny thread title is what brought me here. I felt obligated.

6. Sound like a light issue. 300 watts of what exactly? hps, mh, flouro...

7. i water every 2 days around 79 degrees 16 on 8 off hour schedule and im using cfls but the rreason is when i got the plant it was dieing i8n my friends closet and he cut alot of lower leaves off im using walmart steralized soil with perlight with some rich dirt from my compost

8. Is that 300 watts actual or equivalent on the CFL's? If it's equivalent wattage, that's probably only 55 watts actual if it's a single bulb or about 80 watts actual if it's 2 bulbs. Either way, that doesn't seem like enough light for a plant that size. That would have something to do with the slow growth. Are you using any growing nutrients/fertilizers yet? How's your ventilation and air circulation?

Relax, read up. There's a wealth of information around these forums. Good luck.