Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tolerance Break Thread

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by notbakedenough, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Hey seasoned tokers, I thought you guys would be the best resource for my questions.

So heres the background, I've only been smoking every day for about three months, but I'm getting a little tired of the tolerance I've built up, so right now I'm three days into a tolerance break. Now for a couple questions.

What are some simple ways to help my body lower its tolerance, apart from stopping smoking (already doing that for now)? I hear exercise helps, is that true at all?

Also do you think 6-8 days will be enough time to help me get a lower tolerance? I don't need to be at n00b smoker level or anything, just back to a usual semi low tolerance.

Input is very appreciated. And yes I know tolerance break threads are floating around, but this time I need your help GC.

2. A week off and u will deff feel a difference. Exercise does help because you burn calories and thc is stored in yr fat. So if u burn a lil fat u are also ridding yr body of thc. Green tea will help with the process as well. Let us kno how it goes.

3. Yeah, well looks like I may have to bail on this tolerance break now. hah. My cousin's here from germany and he wants to try some canadian bud.

4. haha thats how my tolorance breaks always go in the 3rd/4th day in. drink lots of water, sweet a lot, excersize...i think you should know what to do

5. Haha well sourpatch, do those 3-4 days have any effect on your tolerance? Cuz then I won't feel so bad about bailing today.

6. yeah i guess it does a little something...and if you did 4 days thats about 60% of it done so i dont know how much more 3 more days would do to you. regardless you will get blazed if you toke up and i highly doubt youll regret tokin

7. Lol an hour later hes smoking.

8. Lol shuddup. I intend on keeping my break after today. But I'ma go see the new 3D movie tonight with a bunch of people, and you can't be sober for that.

9. Yeah im just fuckin with ya. Im on a mandatory t break right now too because im sick as hell and cant even imagine inhaling any smoke right now.

10. a three to four day break should lower your tolerance but after you smoke a few times it builds right back up just as fast.

about three months into me smoking everyday i decided that i was spending too much money on bud so i quit for four days before temptation of my friends purple filled blunt. after that i was almost as high as i used to get when i first started but my tolerance went back up really fast.

11. I just took about a week long break, was planning on longer but I ended up with a bunch of friends.

I definitely felt a difference having taken a break for only a week. Couldn't tell you how fast it builds back up though, that was just last night.

12. Man, speaking of tolerance breaks...some of this may apply to your situation or give you some insight.

The last few mornings I've been changing my daily routine and trying not to smoke before the afternoon. I originally planned on stopping completely, but the last few days I've tried to stick to my plan I've caved. I guess I just don't have the strongest willpower, but it's hard to say no to something when you have it there to smoke and you really want to. Keeping a clear and focused head while at work has made me feel a bit better overall and I've noticed I don't reach for the bong first thing when I get home these last few days. I realized...the more I smoked earlier in the day (ie: morning before work) the more I wanted to smoke later. If I can just hold off until later in the afternoon each day I can probably cut the amount I smoke in half. This may work for you too if you're one of those people who smokes constantly like myself.

Someone said something in another thread a while back...normal is what we feel 51% of the time. If you're high more than that cut back some and maybe you won't feel a need for a tolerance break at all. I can certainly say for a fact that I feel abnormal these last few morning being sober, but that's because I'm not used to it. That alone was a huge wake-up call to me.

But why quit something you enjoy? I don't want to completely quit because I've discovered that herb helps keep me sane and happy. Yes, it's a crutch, but so are everyone else's perscription drugs and their excuses. Part of me says no because of money, tolerance, and self-commitment issues, yet the other part screams yes out of a love for being high and intolerable boredom. One side says to quit because I'm an "addict", the other side says there's no need to quit for fear of addiction because it's impossible.

I live in a small little pathetic excuse for a town where the only things to do are go to the movies, go bowling, or stand in front of Wal-Mart. I wish I was exaggerating, but I'm not. Sometimes I feel like I've hit that point of being the aimless stoner and yet then I look around at my enviornment and realize that this town is far more dead than I'll ever be even after I'm in the ground. :rolleyes:

And that's another thing...a change of sceney when you smoke can make for a huge difference. These last six months I've been smoking almost everyday in the same room in the exact same chair. (Minus times with friends smoking of course!) After moving into a new place this past week I can't smoke indoors anymore. Smoking outside is a different experience and it changes the feeling of the high.

At this point I'd almost say that my relationship with weed is purely psychological. I can hardly remember life before it, but that alone makes me question if maybe cutting back isn't a bad idea. I'm not going to quit something I enjoy completely though because otherwise I'll just be a slave to my will forever.

13. The way I see it is if you love MJ enough you can take a break from her just so when you start back she's that much better. Just the way I feel about it. On a t-break right now and it's going great so far :D

14. YEYE! candian buds, u cant resist!!!!