Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Tincture Thread - Try it, You'll like it

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2012.

1. So I'd soak it in hot butter then strain after 40 mins?

2. Just wondering what my best bet would be to do with it

3. If that's the way that you make your butter then go for it but it should be decarbed first. You'll probably need twice as much material, at least, so it will take more butter to cover it and that will be left behind. I make my butter using a solvent transfer. :)

If it were me, I would make GD then do a solvent transfer to some butter instead of the direct extraction. If you have 190 then you would transfer it and if 151, the butter would be added to the gooey oil. :mellow:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Thanks sir!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. I'm glad that I could help, squirksa, and thanks for joining our conversation. Let us know if there's more we can help with. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Hey Sam I cant seem to find the pm we had awhile back with the detailed instructions on making gd.

8. It was much easier reading the pm then digging thru the thread. I thought i took screenshots...I know you are a busy guy these days teaching the ways of the jedi and all :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Hey I found it!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Psam. I saved that bud from the tincture. Git it bone dry and threw it in a jar.

Ripped a small bowl today and actually had the most pleasant sleepy high I ever had. What's up with that. Residual terps and thc?

Why was it so sleep inducing and relaxing? Tasted awful, don't know if that can be remedied but what's with that?

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."

• Like Like x 1
  11. You'll need to remind me. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  12. When I made the tincture a fee months back. I saved that ground up bud.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Okay. Other than being already depleted, the THC that was left has started to degrade to CBN. :mellow:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ooh.

I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #19755 Jay_R_1787, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    So I have 40 grams of decarbed weed ready to roll.so I'd use about 24 fl oz of freezing cold everclear for my first run?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. I recommend about 3oz per 7g so I would use about 18oz on the first run and 15-16 on the rinse. You're fine as long as the material is covered by an inch or so. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. you rock buddy:metal:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. How did this mold project go, Heavn? Were you able to salvage it? :huh:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. After I decarb the plant material can it still be used? I'm making everything into edibles this grow. I do not want to waste a drop. I plan on doing the dry ice extraction for Kief first.

• Like Like x 1
  20. #19760 PsychedelicSam, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Of course it can be used after decarb. That's what it's all about. You need to decarb before you can make your edibles whether it's flowers or kief.

Now, did you phrase that right? The kief will give you ~100% extraction. Are you referring to the material left over from the kief or maybe your extraction leftovers? :)

• Like Like x 1