Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another thread about an upcoming drug test. But I feel this may be different.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JohnDoe43, Apr 6, 2014.

1. I'll start off by saying I'm male, 5'11", about 190 lbs...

At the beginning of last month, I found out about a job that I really want to get that drug tests. I was never a heavy smoker, only smoking 1-3 hits late at night after work to unwind and relax, maybe 5-6 nights out of the week.

After finding out about this though, I stopped that day. I went for about 3 1/2 weeks without smoking at all. But the thing is, I broke about 5 days to a week ago. I smoked one hit for two consecutive nights (It's all I needed considering my tolerance level was gone). Then didn't smoke after that for a few days until I took one hit last night as well, thinking it would be no big deal.

The job posting just went up last night as well, and my friend who is working for the company now says they'll probably start interviewing in about two weeks. Do I have enough time? Did last night or the few nights before that screw me over? Or did I detox enough over those 3 1/2 weeks to make the three nights I've smoked recently doable for a drug test two weeks from now?

2. I'd think you'd be ok, maybe hit some fluids to try and flush out a touch. But i really think if you hold off you should be ok.If you have the funds hit your local druggist and pick up a quick dip test, you'll have piece of mind afterwards.

3. Alright, sounds good. I'm gonna look into that. Thanks for the reply. If anyone else wants to weigh in, that'd be awesome.

4. Since you were never a heavy smoker and you have 2 weeks until the test, your safe.  Here's some things that helped me clean out my system pretty well:

*Stay hydrated, drink water or tea and avoid soft drinks. Don't over do it, you don't have to chug gallons, just drink more than average
    *Take vitamin b12, this helps your metabolism
    *Take Cranberry pills (about 3 every 6hrs). It is for urinary tract health and it helps clean your system throughout your day
    *Work out, preferably cardio. Burning fat is always a good idea since thc is stored in it. not to much 3 times a week would help

Hope this helps. Good luck man

5. #5 RemyKush, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    I am in a similar boat, I used to smoke somewhat often, stopped for quite some time, with intermittent use once a week or once every other week with small amounts. I smoked a hit or two about 2 weeks before I have to take my drug test which is this Wednesday.

Last week I went into a local lab corp collection center and got a lab test done just to check and see if I could pass and after 7 days I passed a lab test with no problem. So I am assuming I will pass an almost identical test this coming Wednesday as I have not smoked.

Basically as long as you drink a pretty significant amount of water, eat pretty healthy, exercise as much as you can, take some vitamins and try to avoid alcohol and energy drinks and shit. You should pass pretty easily.

If I were you, and you have the money (about $75), since you know you have the time, I would get a test done, or just take one of those home tests, about 5 days before the test.

That way even if you fail, you can look into getting some clean piss to sub or whatever. 

6. So glad I'm not the only one stressing about an upcoming test. I have recently discovered that I will need to take a preemployment drug test. I'm in my 40s and I'm female. I have recently spent so much money on detox, pills, tests. You name it, I bought it. I actually have been clean one week today and I have about another 10-12 days before I have to take the test. I told them I was on vacation with the kids during their spring break. Today I decided it may be best to sub. My husband does not smoke, so I can use his. I also ordered quick fix, mainly for the bottle. Have any of you ladies subbed with male urine?

7. I think the length of time the THC metabolites stay in the system (at least the usual cutoff of 50ng permL) is exaggerated. I smoke around half a bowl to a bowl per day (usually closer to half), and having done some experiments with a LOT of cheap, at home drug tests, which are usually what is done at a job, I can go from a failure to a passing line in about an hour by drinking a ton of water. And if you take a multivitamin or something with B vitamins in it (energy drink), it colors your pee so it doesn't LOOK so dilute. Dilution is the solution to pollution!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. I've tried the dilution and still seem to be positive. I bought the creatine tablets and have the vitamins ready.. I'm going to be prepared for anything. I'm hoping that one day next week I will wake up and pee clean so that I won't have to subb or dilute. The upside, I've lost 10lbs from the diet and exercise.