ANOTHER school shooting

Discussion in 'General' started by tonyhimselff, Jan 10, 2013.

1. #1 tonyhimselff, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
    Two people where shot at a high school shooting in Kern County :l wtf

The shooter is in custody, this is getting ridiculous.

2. But the 2nd amendment must be kept and teachers must be armed..... What a ridiculous solution
    How many more times must this happen? I mean come the fuck on! Something needs changing

3. #3 mikeKOOLiN, Jan 10, 2013
    It's a trend seeing how the media takes it.. I just hope I'm fully strapped when shit goes down..

edit: 1 report said no one died

4. Not good.

Could be gang related though since it's in CA.

5. its terrible anyway u look at it,

but its time to see how the media spins this off. How convenient with gun control in the air.

6. A psyco shot Regan, shit didn't change then. Why now?? It's the people's fault, not the guns.

7. shootings are getting more lamestreem media attention than they should be. what about beatings, stabbings and hit and run accidents? its not like people are using guns to kill that many more people than the rest of the means.

8. I agree, with all the gun control stuff going around they are going to report anything involving a gin, time to stockpile!

It was at a high school so most likely some gang bs

9. The only ridiculous solution here is suggesting that the Second Amendment should be done away with. That wouldn't solve a god damn thing, and that's simply common sense. People who want to commit crimes with guns will find them regardless of the laws the government puts in place, or they will just use other weapons to commit said crimes.

I will say, however, that I believe psychological tests should be administered before anyone is allowed to purchase a firearm, and ALL people who attempt to buy guns should be forced to take classes on safety, proper usage and maintenance, etc.

10. #10 SwichOne, Jan 10, 2013
    [quote name='"Endless Rain"']But the 2nd amendment must be kept and teachers must be armed..... What a ridiculous solution
    How many more times must this happen? I mean come the fuck on! Something needs changing[/quote]

How is it ridiculous? It is Fact that in places where they have taken guns , the crime has increased greatly. Where there IS GUNS the crime is much much lower. Statistics don't lie. Your a fool .

Name-calling/disrespect is not tolerated on GC = WW

11. [quote name='"Endless Rain"']But the 2nd amendment must be kept and teachers must be armed..... What a ridiculous solution
    How many more times must this happen? I mean come the fuck on! Something needs changing[/quote]

And I guarantee if that kid knew some teachers may be carrying guns he would have thought twice

12. [quote name='"DroMontesino"']

A psyco shot Regan, shit didn't change then. Why now?? It's the people's fault, not the guns.[/quote]

It was the government . Not a psycho .

13. [quote name='"docleary"']shootings are getting more lamestreem media attention than they should be. what about beatings, stabbings and hit and run accidents? its not like people are using guns to kill that many more people than the rest of the means.[/quote]

Exactly... It's just because they want an excuse to take our protection.

14. Give me your solution...

15. And what the change that is needed is to throw out parts of the constitution? Not let;s take responsibility for raising the children of this country to not have a knee jerk reaction to violence, when faced with adversity. Social responsibility. This is in the vein of blaming T.V or music or video games for violence. People are violent they raise violent people. No I don;t want guns in schools but I don't only want people who do not obey the law to have them either and When society decides to take more of a hand in being responsible for the way we shape the minds of young people and the way we care for mentally ill in this country in particular. The gun "laws" will become a mute point. it's terrible And ugly but violence existed prior to guns and would exist in a gun free society. look arguable the greatest tragedy in American history was committed with a tool used to open boxes and shape drywall so we should outlaw pointed metal implements as well? Where does that end< You can't blame a thing for the actions of the user.

16. [quote name='"TooFastTim"']

And what the change that is needed is to throw out parts of the constitution? Not let;s take responsibility for raising the children of this country to not have a knee jerk reaction to violence, when faced with adversity. Social responsibility. This is in the vein of blaming T.V or music or video games for violence. People are violent they raise violent people. No I don;t want guns in schools but I don't only want people who do not obey the law to have them either and When society decides to take more of a hand in being responsible for the way we shape the minds of young people and the way we care for mentally ill in this country in particular. The gun "laws" will become a mute point. it's terrible And ugly but violence existed prior to guns and would exist in a gun free society. look arguable the greatest tragedy in American history was committed with a tool used to open boxes and shape drywall so we should outlaw pointed metal implements as well? Where does that end< You can't blame a thing for the actions of the user.[/quote]

Well said

17. Actually, it did - ever hear of the Brady Bill?

18. We just need to outlaw crime

Why hasn't anyone thought of this before

Lets ban criminals from doing that kind of stuff!! yeahh!!!

19. Yea, we just have to wait five days, that's basically nothing.

20. it's plenty..

there are millions of gun owners and hundreds of millions of guns out there and only a small handful of gun crimes in comparison.. so gun control is obviously working very well.