another problem/question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by IllnoizeSmoker, Jan 12, 2010.

1. i found the mylar blanket toastybiz i think it was that told me about it. added it to the 2 white walls i had left and the doors to the flower room now my temps are up to 82 degrees and the humidity is 30-35 percent ! are these ok levels? i hope cuz i've tried everything i have intake fan goin exhaust fan going and a room purifier and still temps stay put. temp has gone to 90 but never above that . i know that is hot but i have tried everything i know of moved box so it can get more air turned it left doors open everything except remove mylar i know it helps with using all of the light possible to help plants but am worried that heat and low humidity may harm so far none of that seems to affect em. had to transplant oldest found out why she was stunted her roots had no more room to travel down was hittin the wall growing sideways. well think i have taken my fifeteen of fame from the board all help is appreciated.

Big Daddy

2. Ideal temps are 74-78F, up to 85F is OK.

3. well toastybiz the temp reached 91 last night. it was the last hour an a half before sleep. should i remove mylar on the sides just to see if that lowers temp any? they dont seem to be stressed much ? and while they sleep is usual for the leaves to droop slightly? not like they do when they need water but just slight like they are resting their arms so to speak? and i don't have hydroponics store closer than 2 hours away is there anything like a pool supply place i can go to get something to ph my water is only thing i haven't perfected yet? and oldest has some yellowing from the flush it got when i transplanted her to new pot. think i may just be to worried about the lil things lol . well again thanks in advance

Big Daddy

4. i am thinkin maybe i should take new box out of old? temps are not cooperating with me

5. you could get a temperature controller . i just got 1 pretty cheap that has a 10 amp out put for heating and a 13 amp output for cooling , you just set your desired temp.
    and it does it for you

6. any suggestions as where to look?

7. are you in the u.s?

8. My temps are right at 80 but I havent put up my mylar yet plus I have inherited another HPS light I am going to add to my room so temps might get to be a problem for me also. I have seen a couple journals with grows with temps in the 90s and they still had awsome harvests. I know the ideal temps are in the high 70s and humidity around 50 to 60%. I did not know mylar would raise the temps so much!

9. well last night i just left one door open and temps and humidity hit perfect so i am assuming that my intake and exhaust are not big enough or pushing enough for the things i have going so i will have to figure out means to make both bigger am out of fans pc size anyway so may have to rig up something with this four inch fan i found at menards. only thing is , and i know its not a big deal,but the ones in above veg room a little light is getting to them not much and very soft at that so they are still sleeping i hope . well i will let ya'll know what i do and how it turns out. will post a crappy phone pic later today to show em off. oh and still looking for some direction as to where i can get and exactly what to get to ph my water like i said the nearest hydro store is 2 hours away . thanks again in advance

Big Daddy

10. I have not experienced temps being affected by mylar anything like that. In fact, my temps don't seem to be affected by mylar at all, but I've heard others say it does change things a couple of degrees. Depends on your box setup and airflow in the first place.

You say mylar "blankets" -- do you mean the emergency space blankets sold in the camping section of Walmart? If so I recommend getting rid of those, that is not the "mylar" you want (and never would have been recommended by me). Those space blankets reflect less light than a flat bright white painted surface. As proof, just hold up on of those space blankets between you and a light, and you can see right through it. Horticulture-grade mylar is at least 1 mil thick and comes on a roll with a mirror finish.

11. yes that is what i mean. so am i to guess that i should pull it and let the sides be white like they were? and i assume that maybe jus not enuff room for all the stuff i have going seem to be fine now will take out the emergency blanket soon . thanks toasty sorry for mistaking you for being the one that suggested it . and yes have topped 2 of the plants and that is the most gut wrenching thing hurting mj like that even though i know she will recover lol.. well thanks toasty for all your help so far.

Big Daddy