another "moving to....where??" thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Atlantis319, Feb 27, 2009.

1. So..it looks like I am going to be planning a move 1-3 years. Depending on how things turn out, could be closer to one or further until 3. I am trying to plan where I may go..

Born and raised Iowan..i am a midwest guy but im definitely leaving the region. I am thinking of course, the usual suspects of California, Colorado, Oregon, or of course Canada eh!

where should i go? i just got a job serving tables so im making good money, so i figured im just going to try and keep making money until i decide to move...California would be awesome of course, but i might be more of a Colorado kind of guy, but then again i hear Oregon is nice. Ive only been to Canada once, but it could be cool, but it also could be more of a task to actually pull it off...

kinds of things id like to know about each area....the marijuana culture of each place is good to know..laws and things -- also just the lifestyle i guess, how is it out there? cost of living? which would be "cheapest" compared to more expensive?

I dont know..its about time for me to move and i need to know where im goin

2. Not sure how qualified you are, but cali, at least where i live, it is hard as fuck to get a job rite now.

Its deff. fun here, but unless you got hella bank in the bank, expect to be working alot

3. seems like everyone is migrating from iowa to california or colorado. colorado is getting really expensive i hear. i would try oregon.

4. yeah, my buddy sold his 1 story house in cali, moved to oregon and bought 2 2 story homes.....so thats how much cheaper it is haha. Idk about job availability though.

5. i remember my shitty 2 bedroom apartment in hb was almost 1300 a month!!! small homes with a couple bedrooms for 500k.. california is for the rich

6. thats what i was thinking i mean..as cool as california sounds i just dont think i could afford it..

im thinking Oregon could be the right idea, or Canada...how much would that cost of living and everything compare to something in the states does anyone know?

7. #7 EdgarOregon100, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009
    Oregon is a cool place. Right now it's fucking hard as all hell to get a job...we have one of the highest unemployment rates in the country (10 percent).

Housing is relatively cheap though especially if you room with someone.

It's a real outdoorsy kinda state. In most cities except for Portland you won't find much "city" stuff to do. But the scenery IS beautiful and the snowboarding/mountain biking/hiking is sick.

Oregon's weed? Well if you've seen vc77's threads you know that it's fucking bomb as shit. :smoking: Its pretty much impossible to find schwag, or even beasters here. Not to mention it's really cheap. O's of some seriously hyphy nug go for around $250, sometimes cheaper.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that if you wanna move here it isn't that bad of a choice. :)

8. You shouldn't move out at this time. Economy is shit! Job is almost impossible to find.

Unless you got good money, then it is a good time to get a good house for cheap price.

9. Moving to canada will be hard man, you need to go through the immigration process and you need a degree and shit for that