Another Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by jay t bell, May 15, 2004.

1. heres pics of a couple of differnt methods im going to try the pot on the right is bottom watering the one on the right is the pot in pot method.

Attached Files:

2. the one on the left...hang on cut and paste..i had a plan for these pots to its not my own but i liked the sound of it.........this is it i was going to put one pot inside another. the pot with the soil would have holes in the bottom with wool runing through the holes into the soil and into the bottom bucket i was going to put some wooden blocks inbetween the pots to give space then to water i was going to put the water in the bottom pot and let the plant suck it up via the wool.......i thought it sounded a good idea and could see how it would stop over watering......

and the one on the right......http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/857 to me by grO......

Attached Files:

3. hi dread....sorry thought you lived in an apartment.....im still using the seaweed to this is just a little treat that i give them somtimes......no flies winter ....but yeh if it was summer god only nows...lol...

4. Dread, no flies, you use it the next day or put it into contaiers. Try not to disturb the sock too much because you dont want the silt coming out and building up in your pots or containers.

5. O and oyu shouldnt haev used the tape just haev 2 sets of pots one with the bottoms cut off and then a whole one. Pu the bottomless pots in the whole ones and transplant your plants into that. Come transplant time just pull off the bottom pot and transplant. No tape, no hastle.

6. lol.....think they got similar ingrediants....

7. when are you going into flower? shouldnt be to long eh? close to 4 weeks from seed? i was rereading some of your log, do you know how long your tent holds heat after the lights go out? i think with the extra 600, you shouldnt have problems runnin them in the day to maintain heat. or are you running it at night to compensate for the loss of daytime heat?

8. grO i cant picture it....

9. hows it dread.....lights are on at day time so the tent can get up to 25 c.......dont now how low the tent gets to the lowest ive seen it is 10 c.....yesterdays high out side was 2c this morning was -4tent was at 15 at 5 am so it gets a little lower than i like but theres nothing i can do...when all lights are in and on should be differnt...im going to flower next weekend im going to start fpower under the 600 and when the girls get bigger add the 400...put down moore flooring at the weekend so i can make the tent a bit bigger....

i put the larger of the males into the sioless mix on satarday hes looking ok.and i put to small girls into the mix today...FINGERS CROSSED....on sat gave all plants some week seaweed and a few hrs later when doing the floor saw some spots on the leaves they got a good drink of water and are fine well had some good growth...

heres a pic...you can see the repotted at the front the male you cant see hes on the left..

Attached Files:

10. heres a better pic of the larger girls.... these are ready to flower..

Attached Files:

11. heres the fast growing 1 she had another spirt since shee got waterd

Attached Files:

12. not sure why this 1 is like this...ive got to many plants so its not a prob to loose her but i dont like the fact that i dont know why shes like it...

Attached Files:

13. i think it looks like fert burn....the spots you can see are like the ones that started after the seaweed fert was added...but it hasnt had much fert unless that potting mix is adding probs..

14. never seen that before /\

15. happy plants = happy grower......

16. HI....just an update..

the 3 that are in the new soiless mix are fine......so far.....

when i was repotting i realised that the pot in pot method would be the easiest way to do this grow in the small area ive got so thats whats happend.so most of the girls have been repotted like this except 3.
    1 is in a 20ltr pot with a soiles mix 20%pearculite 20%vermiculite 60% compost.nothing else.shes going to be a chem fert that is waterd from the bottom shes going to be given bloom juice..12/40/24..
    the other 2 are in 10ltr pots and are in the same soiles mix as the others and will get the same organic feed but waterd from the bottom to.....
    all the rest are in 10ltr pots that have there bottoms cut and are taped...
    i allso hve about 8 that i havent repotted.i cant through them away....any way i might make a mistake and need them..lol..
    going to flower any day now...yipee......:)
    heres a pic of the crowded tent..

Attached Files:

17. I was saying with the pot in a pot meathod, instead of taping the bottoms on cut the bottoms off and buy an extra set of buckets. Take the bottomless plant buckets and put them inside these same sized bucets with bottoms so you now have a bottom. This acts as a false bottom so you can just remove the outer bucket to expose teh bottomless insdie bucket, instead of removing the tape.

18. O..i get it now..lol...might try that but i like the idea of undoing the tape and whamo into the other pot she goes. no tipping.

thanks for that idea grO i think ill be using that all the time im in this loft..

laters jay

19. Well thers no tiping with my meathod too, just pull off the bottom pot.

20. well whats don is don im still happy so ;)