Another Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by jay t bell, May 15, 2004.

1. sup Jay! sorry to hear about all your problems, sounds like youve got them under control though lol :) about your soil pH, what ingredients did you got with? . id prolly want to bring it down a lil, im guessing you do at the level you reported it at. you can use a couple of things to bring it down, sodium bicarbonate, wood ash, wood chips etc. how long have you had it preparing for? of course, you could jus leave it at 7, it should still fall down, making it damn near perfect.

2. Dread ive said it before ph isnt that important. Its ph imballance and extreme acidity that you need to watch out for. Normally soil growers dont even mention ph, i just sprinkle some lime on top like once a month, but no testing and adjusting.

3. hows it dread...bludy little basterds a...just when things where looking good oh well think ive sorted them out...the soiless mix is 2 1/2 weeks old now and still at ph 7 as i seid and its got all you suggested....i just thoght mine would come down in ph as yours did....

Hi grO....so what youre saying is its fine for soil grows to be over or under 6.2......its only hydro grows that need to be 6.2 not soil......intresting....

4. the mites where worse than i thought.......BASTERDS.....think they are under control...im a bit frightend of using to much vinigar it seems to be working but i dont know if its killing the eggs so im getting something else...dont now what yet depends what i can get locally it will be atleast veg isectaside....should be glad it wasnt worse i suppose...

heres a pic of some of the girls yes girls ive found only one more male so im able to choose which ones are going into flower..this is great.....

Attached Files:

5. training seems tobe working well here is 3 of the larger ones which are being trained the one on the back right is my favourite.....i plan to go to flower in 9 or 10 days but it does depend on the size of the smaller ones.....good chance 9 days..

Attached Files:

6. im surprised there all indicas being mixed bag seed
    ....not a prob though;)

edit

it was a bit early for that statement....they do look like indicas at the mo.

thought i would just mention its getting real cold now the tents temp is holding up to 25c by midday but in the mornings its around 15c(out side is 1 to -4)ive don all i can for now and the only thing that will happen is slower groth rate any way...got half of 600 hps the other will be sent to me....i think when both lights are on there will be a differnce....

jay

7. hows it dread......cheers man....its hard to make out the plants when there being traned they just look like small bushy plants....lol...i had trouble making yours out in the pics....now i can see why....

8. Right now would be the perfect time to go around and train them all. Then give em 4 days to respond and get used to the training. Then transplant, wait another 4 days then flower. You dont want to pile up on the loving too much if you know what i mean and 4 days rest is perfect. How does your ph meter work? I bought one a while ago but it was broken, then i got my ph pen and my friend broke it breaking up whatelse but drugs :p . Dont forget to drill or burn your holes for the training ropes before you transplant into your larger pots.

Now that i think about it, are you up for trying out the pot in a pot meathod http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/857 do somethiing we dont see enough here, an experiment! :D

Take your plants and organize them so you have 2 groups each with equal sized plants so you have say 2 even teams. Then one group just transplant the normal way and cut the bottoms off the pots they were just in. Then when you transplant the second group pull them out of ther pots and slip this bottomless pot over the rootmass and transplant like that. I say do it like this rather then cut the bottom because it can be a bitch to cup all the bottoms off with plants in em.

9. looks great, kinda got confuse with your name. didnt knew u change your name so i had to go back to see what happen in your journal....lol..latezz..

10. Hi shade havent seen you around lately hows it going?nice of you to pop in........ah the name sorry for any confusion..

gro hows it man....right ive looked at your ideas and yeh man i will experiment BUT this is the deal 1 remeber this is a loft grow its hard work...this is what i will do...how about i give you a couple of plats well as good as....you tell me what to do and when from watering up....what do you think man....

water meter its a crapy analogue which cost me 30 bucks but it gives me a good idea.i think i could do a hydro with it.....when i can(the attic is not suitible for a hydro grow)

im going to try the bucket in bucket method that i was talking about befor.........(top p3)...

the BASTERDS have a name white fly.....sap sucking things.. well not no more..havent got the right killig juice for them yet not in stock..think there already dead but as i seid befor not sure about the eggs so i will get some...

i plan to take 15 into flowering and im training more than that so sorry girls some of ya have to go.

grO theres a pic of the water meter in the top pic of this page

11. dont now what i did to get the old name up there sorry for any confusion...its getting a bit like jackle and hide .....lol

12. ther not a fly, otherwise thedy have sings, i think they might be thrips.

And can re type this one i cant make a anything out "gro hows it man....right ive looked at your ideas and yeh man i will experiment BUT this is the deal 1 remeber this is a loft grow its hard work...this is what i will do...how about i give you a couple of plats well as good as....you tell me what to do and when from watering up....what do you think man...."

13. grO.........honest gov there white flys......if you dont beleave me i will show you...dont have the info right here now though..

14. HI

right next step is to put these girls into there sioless mix....but first i think ill do a test run...so guess whos trying out the mix first....one of the males of course.....ill put him in this weekend the next weekend the girls will go in if the mix is right...

15. Just water them as normal into the center pot then put a bit in the outer pot too.

16. right grO this is what i will do i will take a few plants and i will try that pot in pot method......laters

17. hI...........no sign of the basterds thank god.ive got the right killing juice if they want a fight they have got one......and for grO heres a pic...

Attached Files:

18. and for dread and grO my compost tea...dread this is something that grO suggested.....fill a sock with compost and leave it to soke in water....sounded good so im trying it.....theres 2 socks there 1 sock has the comp the other has chuck shit....dread i now you live in an apartment so you wont be doing this untill you get a house or something but i thought you would like to now about it......and yes ii does smell...

Attached Files:

19. that looks might right funky lol!! ill see how it works for you, im jus going to continue to use the kelp teas. 62 trace elements, cant beat that. im in a house, so i could give it a try. jus put it in the back away from the house, id hate to see the swarm of flies that thing will bring.