Another Drug test Question

Discussion in 'General' started by PAToke775, Dec 20, 2012.

1. I know there are a ton of these threads, but I have a pretty specific question....

I haven't smoked in several weeks due possible employment. Well I just got a call the other day saying I got the job, and they even told me when I can start.

My question is, is it still possible that they could drug test me AFTER they tell me I have the job? They haven't mentioned anything about a drug test during/after the interview, or even when they said I had the job.

It's pretty damn tempting to smoke now that I know I'm hired. But I don't wanna smoke and then have them tell me the first day I show up that I need to get drug tested. It's a pretty good paying job and I can't afford to lose it over something so trivial. So, am I just being paranoid? Or is there actually still a chance they could test me even though they've made no mention of it?

2. There's definitely a chance they will test you, I wouldn't risk it. Work there for a little while and casually ask the other employees if they've been tested, then make your decision

3. Yeah, I'll probably end up waiting.

But I sure as hell won't be happy about it! :p

4. once you finish out the first day of training, you should be fine.
    if its a legit job then they arent going to train you then test you.

that would make no sense...
    they are going to do the screening process before they put you into costly training.