Another Diy Carbon Filter

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by zackafee, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Alright guys...I'm gonna try and make my own diy carbon filter. I haven't seen one designed like I am thinking. I'm gonna be using 2 37 cfm CPU fans for exhaust. My box is only 1.5' X 1.5' X 2.5'. So I took a trip to Walmart and picked up some activated carbon, some black foam board, and aluminum tape. I plan on building a box with the foam board around the fan(sort of like a light trap)then put a screen over the opening then put another box of foam board on top of that and fill that with the carbon. Then I'll attach another screen to hold the carbon in. I will then add another extension of foam board to hold the second fan. So I'll have 2 fans, one pulling air through the filter and one pushing air. I hope y'all can visualize what I'm trying to say lol. I will add pics tomorrow for a better understanding. But my question is how thick should I make the carbon layer? And do y'all think this set up will be able to cool the box with 8 23w CFLs? Any help/advice will be appreciated! Thanks!