Another cheap odor helper

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BalladBlack, Nov 18, 2009.

1. #1 BalladBlack, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009
    Hey everyone, I seen a post a while back that used a 5 gallon bucket and fan that fit inside it. The bucket was filled with a deodorizer and the fan expelled the scent to mask odors. Sorry, don't have the direct link to it, several of you know what I speak of.

I was thinking, most people might not have a 5 gallon bucket laying around or it might not be easy to find the fan for the bucket. A lot of people drink coffee though, or know someone who does. Also, PC fans are easy enough to come by, and we all can find a liquid deodorizer of some kind.

For starters, find yourself one of those plastic coffee cans with a lid. Set your fan on the center of the lid and trace it. Cut the size of your fan out of the lid, and mount your fan in the lid. Drill some holes above your liquid line. Pour febreeze, one, whatever you use into the can and put the cap on. Now plug up your fan and give it time to start working.

This isn't as effective as the previously mentioned device, but it will be easier to find the parts and build. Mainly those of us on a budget or small grows.

Attached Files:

2. #2 hipster, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
    That may work, I dunno. I built a "ONA Machine". The biggest cost was a liter of ONA purchased online at about $33 with shipping. Everything else I got cheap locally. ONA neutralizes any smells. "Febreeze" probably masks it so that would be the only difference really.

From Lowes's...

1 lb. bag of Soil Moist - $12.97

5 Gallon Bucket - $2.34

Lid - $.99

One ltr of liquid ONA - About $33 with shipping

Fan - Already had it, 8" Massey High Velocity Fan, 3 speed - About $12

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/144976-perfect-odour-neutralizer.html

3. #3 BalladBlack, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009
    Thanks man, I couldn't seem to find that thread. You got the parts and prices listed though of the machine, so thats cool. Helps give people some contrast. I would def use the 5 gal bucket one, but for what I have laying around and money being tight, got to use what you got. lol

4. Fabreeze is an oder nutralizer...It doesnt just mask the smell so this seems good to me +rep (if I can) I will be building one of these using fabreeze. Seems great for small cabs with limited space

5. I like this, thanks!! so, the stinky air is sucked thru the holes, and the fan blows out sweet smelling air....?? right?? or is it the other way around?? +rep

6. Glad you like it! You can place it outside your exhaust to hook it up to your exhaust via a drier hose or something to help keep the odor manageable. If you can get soil moist and put in there with a liquid odor eater it will help it last longer.

But essentially, the air is drawn through the holes in the sides of the canister and out through the fan after mixing with whatever you use for the odor eater.

7. for what I'm doing I think I'll begoing for the coffee can but I have to ask kinda new to this what do you wire the fan to?

8. A 12v adapter. Check local thrift shops. Usually cradles on cordless phones are 12v. Old cell chargers, etc. Just look on the plug in part for the output. Then cut the end off so you have two exposed wires, hook the fan wires to the adapter wires and plug her in.