anime

Discussion in 'Movies' started by slaytan, Sep 2, 2008.

1. I don't have a favorite anime tho i do love GunGrave since it had to do with the mafia

2. how could i forget hellsing :O

3. argh. i hate bleach cause it's still not finished. im trying to hold off since i got a couple more episodes left till i have to wait every week. sucks. in fact -- i think im going to rewatch naruto. rewatching anime never gets old :D

4. Cowboy Bebop is awesome, love the story and characters. Afro Samurai exists just to show off how much blood and action it can fit in its five episodes, which is still real cool. It's an awesome show to watch when you're high or drunk. Neon Genesis Evangelion can also be pretty trippy, especially the last two episodes.

5. But Shinji Ikari is such a whiny bitch!

6. I've been watchin' Basilisk, shytz a crazy ninja anime

7. First I completely agree that Shinji is completely whiny in NGE. Hate that series with a firey passion.

I've only seen a couple of episodes of Basilisk but I wasn't overly impressed. Will be interesting to see more.

Lately I've been watching quite a few interesting things. Hell Girl ranks up as one of the top series of the year. When They Cry is starting to get re-released here which is an awesome horror anime.

8. I haven't been watching any anime in recent months, but some of the one's I've seen most recently are:

Bleach
    Naruto
    GunXSword (I highly recommend this, I really enjoyed it. It's a good mech anime)
    Wangan Midnight
    Kenichi
    Many of the Gundam series
    Transformers (not all, but most)
    Darker Than Black

and more I'm sure, but I'm tired of listing :D

*note - all of the anime I watch is in Japanese, no dubbed for me.

9. Just remembered two more of my favorites

Bastard-Dark Schneider FTW
    Berserk-Guts fucking rules

10. Gun Sword is def up there for me i love it

11. errr -- im guessing you guys don't watch a lot of girly anime..

but if you guys secretly do!! here's some you guys should check out --

fruits basket
    ouran high school host club
    special A

they're so good!

12. i only watched Midori Days

13. Fruits Basket on my list, I have nothing against moe. Lucky Star, Azumanga and Pani Poni as some the the funniest (slightly adult themed) shows I've see.

Theres little, little girl anime (Card Captor), small boy anime (DBZ) and those for both mature audiences; Shonen; Shojo as apposed to Seinen; Josei.

14. www.roarg.myanimelist.net thats my list lol...
    havent updated in a while, but i only watch naruto bleach and ONE PIECE THE BEST ANIME IN TEH WORLD

15. just watched the bleach movie

highly recommended.

too bad they drew bleach better 4 years ago than recently :p

16. Azumanga Daioh
    Happy lesson

17. Berserk
    Vampire Hunter D (Bloodlust as well)
    Ninja Scroll
    Akira
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Cowboy Bebop
    Samurai Champloo
    Death Note
    Bleach (Only anime I'm currently watching)

There are a couple more I don't remember but those are my favorites. I'm pretty picky, but I'm finding more stuff I like all the time.

18. I'm surprised more people don't like FLCL.

It's so drug-like sometimes.

19. I'm not too big on anime, but I became familiar with some of the more popular ones listed because of an ex girlfriend of mine.
    The one that I really love but never see in lists is Metropolis. Is it not held in high regard by anime fans? As an outsider I thought the music and cinematography was top notch and the backgrounds are beautifully painted. Decent plot, good mood and atmosphere. I only found character design lacking.

20. anyone do the cosplay costumes? :laughing:

i'd think it would be kinda hot to dress up as chun li for halloween.