Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Angling lights?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Too Tight Headband, Jul 23, 2017.

1. I've been growing two plants under two lights but now I've just got one growing.

Are there any advantages to having the outer ends of the lights lower than the inner, getting light on all sides?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. I'd say that's the best way to have it for now... if you grow the plant out large enough you could eventually line them up side by side(or just leave them be)... you could always just veg with one and flower with two to save on electricity.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

3. I have had it outside for the last few weeks and it's looking good. I just pruned everything low and inside as well as a few that would just take nutes from the others. I'm planning on starting off with 24 hours of darkness and then setting it to flower, but I was curious as to whether I should just use one, or angle them.

I've also been playing with some autos but ended up with only one nice blue dream photo ready for flower.

I think I will leave it this way and see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doing pretty good. Day 30 of 12/12.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's probably best with your single plant and two lights to do that. I have read that some led light manufacturers in the instructions recommend only horizontal mounting. I think it has to do with the way they are cooled with the heatsinks and fans. If tilted up the higher part of the light may run considerably warmer messing up the thermal balance of the fixture's heat sink.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I like the angle....