Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anesthesia and Marijuana

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Heart, May 3, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

I just had a quick question for you all out there. I may be going under general anesthesia fairly soon and I wouldn't say I smoke heavily but I do smoke a good bit and I was concerned about any interactions that might arise from the two. I figure there's nothing to worry about but then again I'm not absolutely sure either. Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks everyone. :)

2. You're completly fine

3. i smoked the day of my anesthesia 2 weeks ago, and i am alive today

4. Alright thanks guys for easing my mind. :)

5. guys i'd like some reinsurance, i have surgery in 3 weeks and i smoke probably 3 times a week.

6. Wow, you guys know that pot is safe with every drug, including what they knock you out with. The only time it's ever really bad for you is if you just had some work on your teeth or maybe you have a sore throat hah. And I'm pretty sure that's just from the smoke so you'd probably even be perfectly safe with a vape.

7. I had a friend that came back from the dentist and smoked up w/ me. said it got him higher. Not sure on the validity of it, but its a possibility

8. Trust me, It's fine.

And yes, to the OP your fine.

9. Kind of unrelated, but one time I whited out from smoking and when I regained reality it felt like I woke up from anesthesia. =p

But in all reality, you'll be safe.