Andy Murray

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by AcousticToker, Sep 11, 2012.

1. 2012 US Open Champion!

What a guy, full blown legend. Total beast!

Us Scot's are taking over the world I tell ya! So chuffed, so proud.

2. Woa...full blown legend may be jumping the gun a little bit. Murray has won his first grand slam and the excitement is justified. I think Murray is cursed by the fact that he is playing in the era of the legends. Never has the top 4 tennis players been so talented and dominate as they are now. Murray deserves more credit than he gets. If he played in any other era he would likely have many many more grand slams then he has now.

I think it is quite possible that he will start giving Nadal, Djokovic, and Federer problems and be an elite tennis player. He is on a hell of a run, he got to Wimbledon final, but had to play the greatest grass player of all time. He got revenge in the Olympics on the same court and now is the US Open champ. Thats a hell of a run and he's beating legends.

Lets watch and see if Murray keeps this going.

3. Nah not jumping the gun at all. 1st ever Scottish Grand Slam winner, first male British winner in 70 odd years. Like you said, playing in the era of legends. Finalist at Wimbledon, runner up to the greatest ever. Olympic Gold medallist, beating the world no.1 and best player at the moment and the greatest ever, Fed, in the final. US Open champion beating a sure fire hall of famer.

Yep, thats legend in my books. To overcome all the adversity and sneering English press and stuff it back in their face makes it all the more sweeter. He's from feckin Dunblane ffs, 30mins down the road.

Arise Sir Andrew.

4. As far as I'm concerned I am a Scot as well, both sides of my family are of primarily Scottish decent and with the red hair, freckles and beard I look the part. I'm quite proud of Andy Murray, but I can't lie I hoped that Tim Henman was going to bring Great Britain that honor. He came close quite a few times. I love his style of tennis. It was great to see him go into the french open as one of the last serve and volley playersm on a court thats not friendly to that style and make it to the semi finals.

With that being said Murray is a great tennis player. Roddick has similar accomplishment, but I think its unfair calling him a legend. Surely Andy Murray is a legend at home now. I agree with that, but when I think of legends its pretty exclusive. I'm talking Federer, and Sampras. I wouldn't even put Novak there yet.

5. #6 congcong88, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012