And so I died this weekend

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Mr Magic, Apr 28, 2022.

1. thank you, I must admit that I am only 60 % back.
    The rest will come back too I hope.
    It will take time.

I am not the same person anymore after this humbling experience.
    The waves of dust that flow are filled with all of us. Any living thing we’re ancient.
    I feel now the connection from my ancestors.
    I should have felt it all my live, cause I know that.
    But not like this.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Thanks Goblin, I can’t stop smiling

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. If you stand upside down then it looks like you arr not smiling :p hope your weekend will be good

4. thanks I got the paper download Trojan

this was the best thing that could have happened cause I was building my own prison with my behavior.
    Smoking non stop, working non stop, no rest, no breaks.
    What is that?
    How can one be.

so ohhhhhh for shure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. don’t wanna think about that right now
    You too man
    Hell of a good weekend to you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Glad to hear from you today, and glad to hear you're feeling better, and not worse.

Sounds like you're realizing what you need to do for your body, and your mind, that's good.

Keep us posted, and I hope you have a good weekend, we have a great weather forecast here, hope it's good in your area.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. My knee surgeon was amazing. I had knee surgery back when I was 19 and had "experts" (the non-medical kind) tell me to be prepared for repeated knee surgeries every 10-12 years. I'm 55 now and I still haven't needed to go back.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. ^That makes me feel a lot better. Last professional info I got 3-4 years ago was to wait for this newer style of surgery, I can't remember what it was all about, but he was saying its less invasive and should have better long term success. I think I would be good to look into that surgery now, but I'm kind of putting it off until it affects mobility. Right now the joint is just breaking down, cunching, popping, but doesn't cause much pain or discomfort.

9. Mr Magic, this is part of my book, Heart Bypass: The Road Map. It might interest you.

One door closes: another opens.

An experience after open-heart surgery.

In the operating theatre, as I felt the first effects of the anaesthetic, it seemed to me that I entered a dark room, and a door closed behind me.
    Later I recovered consciousness in the ICU. But that was not the time that the second door opened. For that, I had to wait a few days until I left the hospital, and was driven home.
    Recent rain had taken the city's dust and smoke from the air. Even though clouds hid the sun, the colours of the city stood out more brightly than I had ever seen them, reminding me of the cartoon tints in a child's colouring book.
    Not only were the colours deep and vibrant, but every object seemed to have been outlined, as if created with an etch-a-sketch.
    We passed across the Puente Atirantado, a suspension bridge, and the patterns of the cables seemed to say, 'here you are, safe in our hammock.' Then, in Del Valle, we passed a tamarind tree, in full bloom, a profusion of green foliage and bright red flowers.
    As we grew nearer to the tree, it seemed to be shimmering with movement, and I saw that hundreds of bright yellow butterflies were flirting in its branches, creating an effect more beautiful than any man-made pyrotechnics or Christmas lights.
    I wondered why, on this day of all days, those butterflies had decided to adopt this particular tree as their home. Or could it be that this sight had been available to me many times before, but that my eyes and my mind had been blind to their passing beauty?
    My enjoyment of the passing moments could not be spoilt even by the inevitable traffic jam as we joined a queue of cars waiting to take Constitution.
    A transito (traffic policeman) stood at the junction, smiling at the motorists as he helped smooth out the situation.
    I thought to myself of the many times I had cursed those who, late for some appointment, had jumped the queue. How much damage had I done to myself with each curse? Had my curses been good for anything, except to spoil the day for both myself and others?
    I arrived home, climbed out of the car, and walked into my garden, and the wind whispered into my ear, "This is the very first day of your new life. Nothing is as it was before. Don't rush headlong down life's path. Enjoy every moment. Each moment is precious, and has something to say."

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Any surgeon worth their salt will not touch your knee until it does affect your mobility.

My surgery was initially supposed to be a little incision in the front to replace the knee-cap. However they had to cut me open on the back of my knee because pieces of my shattered knee-cap were floating around in the joint.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Glade you survived .
    These are the nice photos... 20190306_094420 (2).jpg 20190313_143454(0) (2).jpg 20190222_092130.jpg