Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

And its still illegal...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by semprfidelis, Mar 25, 2013.

1. I just bought smokeless tobacco for the first time just to try it out... Grizzly wintergreen. Tried it twice and both times I got a killer headache and wanted to throw up not to mention the terrible side effects it has long term. Smoked some weed and feel great now. It really amazing me how society more then older generation is against this. It's okay for me to get shitfaced and go out bar hopping and show up to work with a hangover but oh no don't get a good nice sleep and wake up feeling great by smoking a joint the night before that's bad.

2. Well as i have dipped about 20 times i don't like it either. I do have some copenhagen wintergreen though if you put a lip in maybe once or twice a month its great

3. Yup thats the government I wish they would make tobacco illegal so I could stop smoking. Its a hard habit to quit I went 4 days the longest and always pick it back up. For you getting that feeling just a nicotine rush take much smaller dips and you can avoid that. I would not even continue or you will get addicted its really horrible habit to start.

4. So you want the government to make something illegal for EVERYONE just because you don't have any self control? That's lame dude.

5. Yea but it is the number 1 killer...

6. Actually to be fair, the #1 killer in this country is heart disease.

(But it'd be illogical to say smoking isn't a factor in this.)

7. If people want to put poison in their body, that's their business. They're aware of the risks, yet they choose to anyway. Who are you to tell other people what they can and cannot put in their bodies? People don't need the government to protect them from themselves, that's not what government is for.

8. It is shameful that cannabis is illegal! I wish more folks would just read these two articles to see just how awful it is that cannabis is illegal!

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

“When McAllister and Desprez exposed the ("triple negative" breast cancer) cells to cannabidiol in a petri dish, the cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but they also started to revert to a normal state… The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they've found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers.

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”[/FONT]

What exactly are we being "protected" from? A safe herbal medicine that may cure both Alzheimer's and some cancers and makes you feel GOOD? :smoke:

For more information on the medical uses of cannabis, check out the bottom of my sig and send me an email, or PM me yours! :yay:

Once the medical uses of cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes obvious!

Granny :wave:

9. used cope to quit cigarettes about 30 years ago +/-. tried cope again about 5 years ago and the amount of ammonia they put in the stuff is ridiculous. supposed to keep it fresh?

10. Dont like tobacco dont smoke it lol, at the end of the day who really follows the law, I know I don't, and I dont mean by just smoking weed