An octopus's garden in the fog.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Deleted member 638051, Jun 2, 2019.

1. I don't know what kind of eggs they are. I cut the leaf and put it in a jar. I hope I can watch them hatch.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #63 Deleted member 638051, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2019
    Double post. No idea why.

• Like Like x 1
  3. This week I pruned 2 milk crates, and 8 paper bag fulls of leaves. I guesstimate maybe 2 more bags worth left to do. Looks a lot less intimidating, although I'm still fighting for inches at the top. I can actually see through the forest now. I think I literally lolly popped the worst of them.
    Been spraying Spinosad and BT twice a week, and sprayed 3 times with a very weak Green Cure solution. I think I'ma gonna be au'rite if I can keep the tops tied down enough.

4. Everything in the house has flowered. CRW_0003.jpg CRW_0006.jpg CRW_0007.jpg CRW_0008.jpg CRW_0009.jpg CRW_0010.jpg CRW_0011.jpg CRW_0016.jpg CRW_0014.jpg CRW_0005.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Well, I got my first real life hermie ever. Never seen one other than pictures before. I'm sure it's from all the cutting, pinching and bending.
    I understand there are uses for hermies, but a green house full of seeds just ain't what I'm going for this time.
    Best I can see, the rest of the crop looks ok. (so far)
    So there goes a couple pounds.
    I can still use it to make topical ointment. But I'll have to dry it for storage. CRW_0001.jpg CRW_0005.jpg CRW_0006.jpg CRW_0008.jpg CRW_0009.jpg
    Another lesson learned for the next grow.

6. Starting to look like buds now.
    CRW_0012.jpg CRW_0011.jpg CRW_0009.jpg CRW_0007.jpg CRW_0003.jpg

As I was taking these pictures, a black & white air plane made a u-turn at a slow cruising speed. I was back in the house for 1 or 2 minutes when I heard the plane again. This time he made 2 slow circles around the house. Low enough I could see his face. It's usually a helicopter. I haven't seen a plane in years. Same kind of plane they use to catch speeders out on the highway. I live in a legal state, but I guess they have to keep looking for opportunity to extort revenue from the Peoples Republic.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Going to change my spraying routine to early morning now.
    Just light enough to see. An attempt to prevent mold friendly environment.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's fun watching buds grow. Soon they will start putting on weight.
    CRW_0001.jpg CRW_0003.jpg CRW_0005.jpg CRW_0008.jpg CRW_0011.jpg CRW_0012.jpg CRW_0015.jpg CRW_0016.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. My daughter in law was in labor for 3 days.
    It's a girl.

[​IMG]
    This little amazon is gonna rock the playground!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Congrats on the new daughter in-law, at first glance thought this was from a previous harvest showing off your fancy digi scale hahaha

11. Congrats on the new granddaughter....10lbs, wow!
    Question about you defoliating outside, do you just do it for improved airflow or another reason?

12. I normally won't mess with the leaves until they are crispy brown and fall off when I touch them.
    But this time I'm so overcrowded due to poor planning and I'm very concerned about condensation and air flow inside all that plastic. These plants took off like gang busters and I don't know what else to do.

I've had problems in the past with whole branches dieing off starting at the point where I cut the leaves. So I learned to LIFTA. (Leave it the fuck alone) As of now I only found 2 smaller branches dead and dry. The rest looks ok.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HAHA!!!! Ya, maybe some day.
    It takes me 2lbs to get through to next years harvest.
    3lbs allows me to share without fear of running low for myself.
    My goal in the past has been 3lbs just to be ok. This year I wanted to do more, but I guess that's gonna be a learning curve too. Kinda screwed the pooch this time around. I gotta get a handle on this shit and learn to manage my space.

14. I figured that's why, still surprised that you got a hermie outside. I'm worried about airflow as well but didn't want to hack away too much at them, so I've got fans at night hoping they will finish in our humidity without issue.

15. Bending I don't think would hurt anything, but combined with all the chopping and defoliating at the same time (especially in flower) on a daily basis I guess cross the threshold for that particular plant.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dammit.
    From afar off I look for those little leaves growing from the bud. When that one turns yellowish/brownish while the rest are green, there's the mold.

CRW_0001.jpg
    Peeled back and fully exposed.
    CRW_0036.jpg
    This whole row that my son planted in buckets have been having mold problems. Only one out of the four has yet to have mold problems.
    These are Northern Lights x Sugar Haze.
    Not that there is any "pattern" but it looks to me like maybe caterpillar damage.

This one has been getting harvested to stay ahead of the mold. For some reason it flowered a good month before anything else did.
    CRW_0017.jpg CRW_0018.jpg

17. The rest of the crop seems to be doing well enough.
    The ridge at the top is 9 feet.
    CRW_0003.jpg CRW_0008.jpg CRW_0010.jpg CRW_0013.jpg CRW_0025.jpg CRW_0027.jpg CRW_0028.jpg CRW_0029.jpg CRW_0033.jpg CRW_0034.jpg

18. Some bucket plants.
    CRW_0016.jpg CRW_0019.jpg CRW_0024.jpg CRW_0002.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. Great journal that I’ve got to finish reading.