An interesting idea I had

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by LuxTenebris, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Wasn't sure if this should go in Politics or the Box, but I chose the box. Anyway, the idea I had is a new form of government, I am personally an anarchist so this is more geared towards the people that believe society needs government. The idea I had is what I have dubbed a Democratic Dictatorship.

Basically you have one person in charge who has ultimate power, but they only act if the people tell them to.

I'm aware a main issue is the person being held to those terms, and not just declaring themselves able to act w/o the people. So for the progression of this thread, lets assume the leader is dedicated to the people, and will only act in the interest of the people.

Problem the second, what the majority wants is not always what is the best for the people, so precautions would be needed to make sure the action was in the benefit of the people.

Those are the basics of my idea, given with best possible circumstance for the issues I could think of, so what is the opinion of you, the viewer?

2. There'd be no balance. How would this leader get accurate feedback from his people?
    You can't have a nationwide vote every time a new law needs to be passed, that would be rediculous.

3. >Democratic Dictatorship.

dictatorships don't work that way bro.

4. So like what Iran has?

They have a supreme leader with ultimate authority. he is unelected.

But there is also an elected president.