Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mattingly420, May 10, 2011.

1. BC bud is yummy stuff :yay:

2. never smoked any american/canadian weed but amsterdam is just heaven... i would say the weed is just as good plus u got so much to choose from ..

favorite strain from my third trip: Chocolope :smoke:

p.s like another poster said.. if you want the GOOD SHIT don't hit up the touristy coffeshops... they are a rip off !

3. Go to "Grey Area". That's the best shop. It's owned and operated by the boys from DNA genetics. They have the best quality bud and seeds around. Also "Da Dampkring" is also a great mellow shop and has the best selection and quality of hash in town. Stay away from "The Grasshopper". They have the highest prices and is a very "Americanized tourist trap. "The Bulldog" is also another place to stay away from. Same deal as the grasshopper. Spend some time going from coffee shop to coffee shop looking at what they have to offer. Dont be afraid to ask to see the different strains they have. All good shops will show you their product before you buy. Just don't handle it too much. Don't squish the buds or walk away to show your buddies. This is very frowned upon. And don't feel pressured into buying what you've looked at. There is plenty of shops around and their all competing for your business. Don't be afraid to ask questions about the different strains either. The workers are there to help you.

I worked in a couple coffee shops in the Dam over the few years that I stayed there. Most places are very helpful but some are only out to take your money. Stay away from the pre rolled spliff as they are just mixtures of shake from the bottoms of the bags.

Just buy what you think looks good and enjoy yourself. Buy a gram at a time and sample the best looking stuff from all the different shops.

The best place to stay I would say would be "The Flying Pig" it's right downtown on "Nieuwendijk" rd. It's very close to Central train station where you will get off from the airport and a hop skip and a spliff away from the red light district. Best hostel I've ever been to. Good bar and good people.

Never look the street peddlers in the eye or even acnowledge them. They will "all" be asking you to buy cocaine, exctasy, viagara, heroin and weed. DO NOT but anything from them especially weed. They will rip you off and most likely rob you. Don't let them intimidate you either. If they do strike up a conversation with you tell them your staying with family and have no money to spend and keep walking. If you ignore them they'll usually move on to the next tourist. Don't fall for any of their sob stories either. They are ALL hustlers and con artists.

Sorry about the rant but there is a lot to tell about Amsterdam. I didn't even get past the tip of the iceberg. Enjoy yourself its a great city with lots to offer.

4. #24 nb790, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011

this. the atmosphere and fun of the trip MORE than makes up for the lesser quality of nug.. you wont even care. take a couple detox days if you think itll matter to you..

although people who say BC bud is the best... probably aren't medical card holders in southern cali :D i cant judge it myself (never been to bc).. but.. its a two way street. :rolleyes:

edit: oh yeah, dont try to take pictures of the girls in windows.

and i can vouch for de dampkring, that was one of the places i went.. was crowded (maybe cuz it was snowing outside) as hell but good.

5. Second vote for Da Dampkring great place to chill out and smoke - great advice from above re street dealers, just pretend you don't speak english or dutch and avoid eye contact for sure, keep an eye on their hands to as they will try and pick pocket you, little shits ha ha

6. i got to go over for the 03 cup. (my hs graduation present to myself) being who and how i am i had very little problem finding not only the larger name shops, dampkring, the church, and a few others who's names slip me. when i went over there the only "weed" you could find around my town was MAYBE some mids, but mostly brown shitty shwag. if you walk into a shop dont go in there ooing and awweing over all the weed. that right there lets em know you're a tourist, treat it like any other shop, walk in, look, buy, enjoy, dont be a dick and you should be alright..

and if you think the bud there sucks, look through ole boy above me's link. the bud pics in those threads look like it could have rolled out of any american dispensary (imho). now if you'll excuse me i have a date with a joint i didnt finish last night.:smoke:

7. IT is my favorite city in the world. Coffeeshop Stix has the best weed and hash out of the places I had been to. I would recommend one of the many off beat museums they have such as the sex museum. I stayed in Hotel Gerstekorrel on leidserplein, it is about two blocks down the street from the red light district and around many cool things to do and see. Have fun and be safe. Also be extra courteous, many dutch have preconceived notions that Americans are assholes.

8. Spot on boss, pic from internet :D

9. 10£ on average a gram in my experience, even though i've found some hash there for 80 euro etc.

Personal favorite is Route 99 just off Damrak, really cheap and the Charas and Cheese and Jack Herer from there are literally mind blowing, and only 12 euro for 1.5g. Also it's really chill in there.
    The Dampkring near the station also is pretty good, the NYC Diesel from there was so good.

What I love about it is meeting all the different stoners from around the world, and smoking with random people in a totally chill environment is always pretty fun, can't wait to go back next month!

10. That sums up Amsterdam well I think - all the amazing people you meet and all the crazy stories you hear.

Only in Dam :bongin:

11. We were there last July, we stayed at the CitizenM hotel just inside the ring road, not the one at the airport. Next summer we decided to fuck hotels and rent a flat for a week.

We sort of wandered around, so I really don't remember any particular cafe, and prices will probably be different, but the people are pretty friendly and the people who work in the cafes will have a menu with prices, and in general are pretty good with suggestions.

Try some good hash =) :hello: