Amsterdam 2013 : Myths + to go to coffeeshops.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by EuroWeed, Jan 4, 2013.

1. does anyone know if rotterdam is any good? seem to have heard very mixed things about it...

2. Rotterdam is like the antithesis of Amsterdam in style and architecture. while Amsterdam is steeped in culture and old buildings with long winding alleyways, Rotterdam was flattened in WWII and has turned into a modern canvas for new and unique architecture. It's much more industrial and modern.

There is less of a tourist culture in Rotterdam and definitely less of a Cannabis culture... the shops are more out of the way and prices are cheaper but quality and variety isn't as good.

Rotterdam has some excellent museums and modern art and design, not to mention awesome graffiti....

I'd check out Both cities...they are crazy different experiences of Dutch culture.

3. I just love Amsterdam so much. Can't wait to go back!

4. Just read most of posts and i must say im jelous as f#%k with all you guys that have just been or are heading over to Dam in the next few months, since moving to oz from Aberdeen scotland 8 years ago ive only been in dam once since moving, i couldnt have moved away any further from my favorite place if i tried, been in dam 10 times when living in deen and never had a dull moment brings back some great memories like flying from dam to glasgow mid flight all the plane could smell was white rhino and i still managed to walk through customs passing all the teens getting searched dont know how the &%#@ as their was a green cloud of pungent smell surounding me as i walked past them all only done that once though rest of the time it was hash easy to hide kinder surprise all the way. If anyones thinking of going to dam go for it, as its a eye opener if only the rest of the world would follow the dutch's footsteps the world would be a better place. Happy smoking people
    Scoosh new member from perth australia

5. I agree!! They have so much history, its mind blowing. That's one of the big reasons why I hope to visit some day. And im a Stoner, of course :smoking:

6. Not gonna lie Amsterdam is like a 30-45 minute flight from my house, I love it there.
    Beautiful city that you can visually enhance without risk of legal persecution.

7. Sup Gc,

I'm really excited that I'm going to Amsterdam after reading this awesome thread!
    I'm staying in the 'city garden hotel' from the 15th-18th march and I've heard it's in the museum area, and I was wondering if anyone knew how far I would be from any of the decent coffee shops?

8. Depends what you think is decent m8 if its your first time you'll maybe like all coffee shops you need to find grey or brown coffee shops, some don't sell weed. cant remember what color if your not sure just pop your head in the door and smell before entering lol you'll know, don't buy to much from same place, try different shops and judge for yourself best to stay away from grasshoppers & bulldogs but you may like them. each to their own. when you get to your hotel ask at reception they will tell you or give you a map and directions if in doubt ask!!
    Enjoy Man!!! ;-)

9. grey? brown?

To me, there are no bad shops, just regular and good ones, even that depends on the batches they carry

go and explore!

10. Guessing you're a uni student on an exchange for the term. If so odds are the SU at your host university will set up a trip, group discounts and all. If not you can rail and sail from the South East for all of a £75-£85 return ticket from the local train station, I forget exactly how much it is. Point being-it's easy and cheap to get to Amsterdam if you want to :smoking:

11. I've only been to Amsterdam like 3 or 4 times and it's maybe an hour drive from where I live. :p
    Great city though. I like to visit but I don't think I would want to live there. If you're planning a visit and haven't decided on when, I would recommend going during Queen's day. Don't know exactly when that is but I believe it's in June.

12. i wouldnt even go into the city centre on queensday, way too packed!

and its kingsday from now on ;)

13. Oh yeah I guess so lol. I don't give a shit about so called royalty though and I hope I live to see the day they fuck off. Yeah it is super crowded in the city centre on that day but I like the atmosphere and all the people that are dressed up silly.

14. Somebody told me that some coffee shops aren't serving tourists. Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

15. There is no reason that a Coffeeshop in Amsterdam should not serve a tourist. There are certain districts in Holland which do not allow the sale to tourists. Amsterdam is not one of them and this topic was recently brought up with the local level councils and it was rejected for Amsterdam.
    TLDR: Tourists can by Ganj in shops in Amsterdam.

16. Thanks for the info on Amsterdam. Especially the list of good coffeeshops. My girlfriend and I might try to visit there this summer and it'd be nice to get an idea of which ones offer what.

17. How can you not mention Hill Street Blues on Warmoesstraat? Love that place!! :hello:

18. I might be going to Amsterdam in the summer, went in 2012 for a week with my girl and for a few days the year before that with two friends, so i've done and seen a lot of the main stuff there. Sorry bit off topic, but could you recommend some other stuff to check out? Anything from cool restaurants, bars, clubs or anything that i might not know about without being local.

19. Riijksmuseum just recently opened back up after years of construction. Awesome collection of many great things, but most famously it houses Rembrandt's Nachtwacht (night watch).

20. queensday is soooo rad and i believe its the30th of april