America's first medical marijuana TV ad

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by passage2bangkok, Sep 2, 2010.

1. America's first medical marijuana TV ad - The Week

Apparently the owner of a dispensary in Sacramento has made an ad for her shop and advocating medicinal marijuana. Has anyone who lives in the Sacramento area seen the ad they're talking about?

And in the CNN video at the bottom of the article, that dude really pissed me off when he was like, "Medicinal marijuana? What's next: medicinal cocaine? Medicinal heroin?" Blatant ignorance and/or outright lies like this make me sooooo angry. Anyone who knows anything about cannabis knows that it is nowhere near as dangerous (in terms of addiction potential) as coke or H - or even cigs or alcohol. But I'm high right now, so it's kind of hard to get too mad at anyone at the moment. :smoke: :laughing:

2. ^ Not to mention the long list of proven and effective medicinal applications of cannabis...I kind of forgot to mention that up there, haha. As far as I know, coke doesn't really help if you're going through chemo, and shooting up doesn't do much for glaucoma. That guy's just a dumbass.

3. The guy who opposes it is pretty ridiculous, stating that the ad for medicinal cannabis was propaganda while then spouting his own propaganda about gateway drugs, etc.

P.S. There is medical cocaine, that's why it is a schedule II and not I. (Okay so it's not used like MMJ but it still has its uses as an anesthetic.) Also heroin is derived from morphine which is very much used for pain for lots of patients.

4. And the guy is ignorant as duck because there are such things as medicinal cocaine and medicinal heroin.

5. The gentleman in the middle of this video sounds uneducated about drugs altogether. I love how people will get on the news and have no facts to back them up. They just spew out decades of false info. Its old , and it will soon be over. Legalize it!

i just quoted from my comment left at the site.

6. i'm really hoping that the guy was being sarcastic (didn't bother to actually read his comment), and already knew of the medicinal uses of other drugs before he wrote that... If not, hes not even worth getting angry at. Hes too stupid, I feel sorry for him.

7. Hate to tell you but there have been a TON of commercials for MMJ in the LA and San Diego area for the longest time. Try looking up Cannabis Planet TV

8. In michigan I have been hearing a lot of advertisements for clinics in the area. Its pretty cool to hear medical marijuana on the radio, and have people talking about it in a positive way. Now, its just a matter of convincing all the sheeple that MJ isnt bad for you.

9. I think I'm having a heart attack, that guy really just say this is propaganda? Your government gives you a new propaganda EVERDAY and your just to blind to see the truth.

10. OK, I don't doubt it...living in SC/GA, I can't say I've ever heard, seen or read an MMJ ad. Obviously I can't speak for the rest of the country, though...at any rate, I was just using the headline of the article as the thread title.

11. Yeah, duck that guy.

12. why is everybody saying duck?

13. It's all the rage.

14. The female dog who is running the ads is opposed to Prop 19 and is actively campaining against it in the area.

Just another one who has hers and the devil take the rest.

15. Tyt brings up some interesting points about the history of smoking ads.. go cenk!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkgDFgFQTdY]YouTube - MSNBC: Cenk In Funny Pot Ad![/ame]

16. #16 morefreedom, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
    Guy at the end of the video neglects to tell about how the arrest and permanent criminal record for possessing cannabis harms familys.

Also why would she not support prop 19?

17. that dude at the end deserves to be shanked.

18. Her profits will fly right out the door.

19. Agreed.

20. agreed times two