American Steel

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Per Waui, Sep 28, 2010.

1. So this may be a way off(or not who knows), but I'm considering investing in a around the town car. Somethin cheap($3000 max), decently reliable, and definitely from Chevy or GMC.

Thinkin about between early 80's and early 90's, possessing a solid ass bumper that is NOT painted, probably a v6, roll down windows, and generally bad-ass as possible within these confinements.

An example of models I like without having fully researched them: Oldsmobile Cutlass, Chevrolet Caprice, and if I could find an El Camino; hell yes :D

Just basically looking for some suggestions/imput from those who have experience with these type of vehicles. I know Hondas and Toyotas are supposed to be more fuel efficient and reliable, but I have certain tastes, and some things in life are not all about being the most logical; and this is a pretty basic vehicle for pretty basic needs, not even necessarily a daily driver(although who know's in the future I suppose).

Thanks for your responses!!:wave:

2. Hard to beat a Cutlass, get the supreme though:smoke:

3. I like the idea of a Supreme Brougham to be honest, the extra cost is worth it for the engine or what??

4. Power and CLASS, the interior is sweeeet:D

5. a buick electra...[​IMG]

6. ahaa damn that beast is mean, not sure if I could find one though...or cheap if I did it's too pretty!!

7. i would say, mid-seventies nova.

8. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    here it is all finished up. i hope the guy i got the pics from doesnt mind me posting this beauty. its body dropped, bagged and the firewall is shaved. very clean car. interior is all original and its got a nice audio system in it. sorry not tryin to jack the thread i got carried away. :eek:

9. #9 Per Waui, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
    Damn billet that's you?! that is clean dude, I would love to push something like that(someday :D)

@ docleary Oh yeah? I actually like this idea, solid looks, decent performance, you have any idea how hard it would be to find one in fair condition??

[​IMG]

10. depends on where you are - down south/out west you'd have better luck.

not sure if this is your thing but the 4 door novas are nice, too.

also old pontiacs/buicks.

11. I'm definitely down for a 4 door, I always end up haulin random crap/people around anyways

the only Pontiac I'd mess with is a Trans Am though, and I don't wanna mess with the insurance on one of those ha

12. ha i wish. that buick is sweet. i gotta bagged truck tho. keeps me entertained :cool:

13. is rwd necessary? if not, 1992 4.9L cadillac seville on 20's. i feel like a pimp in mine.

14. If you want better steel to make a car. You can learn about a steel supplier in China----Shunshun Steel.