American Government gets new cyber powers

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Ninja20p, Aug 2, 2010.

1. False Flag Cyber Attack Could Takedown The Internet

The feds are gaining the power to shutdown the internet, and filter out things they do not feel the need for. They want to move towards a china model for internet. This is the single most horrific thing I have heard ever. If they can go around censoring and disabling the internet, then what of our Cannabis movement, what of our future and freedom?...

2. Rockefeller?

No wonder this bill is being introduced, his family needs more power.

Sounds like the government is trying to do the exact same thing they are saying they want to protect us from.

3. i seriously fucking HATE government

4. if this passes..... it may be time to move. this is a personal freedom and privacy right that could potentially be taken away. scary.

5. Anything I read from Prison Planet will have to await the rest of the story or verification from another source before I take it serious. Conspiracy theories and even false news articles have been known to come from them.

6. do what?control the internet? hell naaaa

7. The government doesnt have the power to keep track of hundreds of different connected nations, much less millions of it's connected citizens. That and it's not hard for the thousands of activists geeks out there to counter this sort of legislation after its passed.

Anonymous would be a household name, for sure.

8. Haha Anon would have a field day with the U.S. Gov if they even attempted this. This will not happen.

9. They already passed Acta, and all Isp's have to route their network through government facilities to be combed over. Guys, this shit is real, and bad.

10. Yup worst part is people either Don't understand what will happen if this goes any further, or they just plain don't understand how it works. Either case we're up shit creek without a paddle.

11. Alex Jones' Prison Planet.com

That place reeks of "paranoid conspiracy theorist haven." Anon would not stand for such actions.

12. I hope you guys know what Acta is. My brother actually sends data to like 5 other countries before it reaches his computer, thats the extremes you have to go to, to remain completely untraceable on the web these days. Since the government will read it an rub it off being from another country (United States laws don't apply anywhere but here in America), he can still get away with things.

If anyone uses Torrents, or anything of the sort, I do hope you get a look at Acta.

Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13. Don't you dare move here, then! Don't need poor and strapped oppressed American immigrants anywhere! Change within!

14. How many threads on this topic are we going to have? It's not even marijuana related.

15. heres the actual bill if anyone wants to read it.

[ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/14530623/0402-Rockefeller-Cyber-Security-Bill"]0402 Rockefeller Cyber Security Bill[/ame]

16. After actually reading the bill it doesn't seem like anything over the top... there is some iffy stuff in there but i see a good bit about protecting civil liberties and privacy of the citizens.

17. As long as we are safe, and it isn't a death blow, I guess it works.. but I don't like it coming from Rockefeller one bit...

And it will effect Marijuana, did you read my original post?

18. If this happens Oppressed Americans will be to Canada what illegal Mexicans are to America.

ammiright? ??:bolt:

19. Or we can load up on pitchforks :D

20. lol, no one can shut down the internet... this is just funny how many people believe this crap.