american express, amex

Discussion in 'General' started by hannibalhekki, Mar 3, 2009.

1. damnit i went to bank of america to get a gift card to buy some seeds and other things, turns out that most places don't fucking accept stupid american express! bleh! i was told that if i go to walmart i can get a refillable visa? do you guys know of any sites that allow amex cards? how would you waste $50?:smoking:

2. lol amex is like the betamax of the credit card world

nowhere takes amex apart from restaurants in the UK

don't know about the US

3. Try taking the amex to walmart and getting a prepaid visa. The ones in my area take amex.

4. lol so i use my gift card to buy another? i didn't think of that! lol!:hello:

5. amex = wack usualy only resteraunts take it

6. lol guess i shoulda researched it a little more huh?

7. lol yeah learned that trick at blockbuster doing the surveys online they mail me the blockbuster card i go to store and trade in card for visa card and can then shop where ever i want. so might want to try there also as i think they take amex too.

8. #8 LegitBaller, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
    haha, yea dude...amex blows

9. cool thanks you guys for the help! i went to walmart yesterday and put $50 in there so i might be getting some magical beans soon!:hello:

10. I know its an old threat but people need to know, do NOT get amex gift cards. You can not even use for any purchase outside of certain us territories, even if the transaction is in united states currency. Im about to go and try to buy a visa gift card with these worthless amex ones.

11. Amex isn't so bad if you have one of their no fee credit cards. I earn a lot of cash back with the cash rewards program. I always make sure that I at least have a Visa or Mastercard though, just in case.

12. Quick update. Tried to use the amex gift card at two different other stores, inside the us of course and in person, and neither one even accepted amex. And no, you cant pay for a different gift card with a gift card lol.