America, where would you LIKE to go?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Tonyizzle, Jul 24, 2010.

1. In terms of politics and regulations and all that shit. What would us ordinary americans LIKE to see happen? I'm just curious. Not a lot of people seem to ever be happy about what is happening, but I would like to see what those people have in their mind and what plans or actions they would like to put in action.

If this thread has already been posted, then oh well. Just reply anyway. I would really like to know.

Thanks
    :smoking:

2. I support Libertarian ideas, in particular Ron Paul's movement. I don't know where the Federal government derives its authority to make choices for people; I also don't see the use of so much Federal spending that is placing the public and government debt in laughable sizes; I'm against the Federal Reserve; I'm against the income tax; I'm against chauvanistic foreign policy.

I'm all for community, compassion, and respect of sovereignty.

3. Just to let everyone know, I'm NOT going to be talk about RAP in here. I'm just gonna answer op's question.

I would like to see the federal government actually follow the constitution for once. I was very happy when I saw the supreme court rule that we did have the right to bear arms. Things like that is why gets me excited. The next step I believe that would be good is all of drug prohibtion being lifted. Once that gets done I think people will start to see how the constitution is totally different than the way we are living now and each year will get closer and closer to commn law.

4. I want states to follow their laws, not federal. And federal to be able to intervene only when states ask for help. I think we need maybe four or so "presidents" each that deal with different things. One only deals with economics, one only deal with foreign policy, one only deals with environmental, ect. We need to burn the constitution, get rid of the bill of rights, and make completely new ones. No more drug war, no more war at all. We also need to sign peace treaties with everyone and become neutral. Also no guns where there is no game. And there is no need for handguns, thugs can't walk around the street with rifles and get away with it. Also, NO MORE PRIVATE PRISONS. A combination of all of those would be perfect.

This should be in politics btw.

5. Who cares if thugs have guns? Think of it like this. A thug walks into a bank and holds up a gun and say gimme all the money. Then every single citizen in that bank pulls out a gun because they have the right. Then thug realizes holy shit! I'm a dumbass cuz now I'm gonna get shot and I'll have no money. If all citzens carried guns, there would be much less crime because criminals would think twice about trying to break into a home or robbing a store because they know every single person in there has a gun and can fucking blow the crimnals head off.

6. And the ways things are now, thugs already have guns even if they can't legally have them now and they have a better chance of robbing that bank and gettig away with it cuz nobody in the bank can stop him.

So doesn't make sense to always carry a gun on u?

7. If anyone with a licence was allowed to carry a gun, just because. The numbers of murder each year would increase significantly. Allowing anyone with a pulse the right to carry a gun would be detrimental to this country. Guns should only be allowed for hunting and law enforcement. Nothing else.

8. Look at UK murder rates compared to concealed carry state murders. It has been proven that gun control laws do not work. If the students of Virginia Tech were allowed to carry on campus the massacre wouldn't have happened.

9. American citizens are not as intelligent as the ones in the UK. We DO need gun control.

10. Can you prove this? Limiting my rights because supposedly Americans are stupid is unacceptable and unconstitutional.

11. Yes, watch t.v for a few minutes. If we weren't unintelligent the government would have never gained this much power in the first place. And the constitution has flaws. Do you think slavery should still be allowed? Why should people with severe mental problems have a right to carry a gun? Why should drunks and gang members be allowed to carry guns? Saying we need no regulation at all is just stupid. If not everyone is allowed to have a gun and that is enforced hard enough, there will be no need for you to have one to protect yourself.

12. #12 budluver, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
    So you believe in a police state? Give me factual proof to back up your statements or examples of events in history that prove you theories to be true. And severve people with people aren't allowed to carry a gun. Research what it takes to get a CCW permit or even the guidelines on purchasing a firearm.

13. I believe in not letting everyone have a gun. If only hunters and law enforcement could have a gun, gangs couldnt. And people robbing banks wouldnt have guns to do so. But it's impossible to argue with unintelligent humans. No point in talking to a fucking -insert any word that would get me an infraction here- anymore. As soon as rebel finds this thread It will be closed anyway.

Peace ;)

14. #14 IGotTheCottons, Jul 25, 2010
    If I were appointed dictator of the US, and could have my way... I'd implement the following changes:

1.) Completely end prohibitions. Drugs would not be illegal. They'd be controlled. All those in jail for drugs would either be released (if a minor crime), or sent to a specialized treatment facility (in the event of sever addiction, etc.)... And their records would be wiped clean of any drug-related offenses... This makes it possible for them to do things that a lot of us take for granted... Like get a job, and go to college... Which makes it more likely that they'll be successfully rehabilitated.

2.) Use the money that I'm no longer wasting on the war on drugs, to re-build our nation's infrastructure. This would create jobs, and revitalize the economy. Not to mention, replace failing infrastructure - thus making travel safer. It would also inspire our country to see important things getting taken care of.

3.) Decrease Federal control, and give more power to state/county governments.

4.) End the Insurance monopolies by allowing them to operate in all states.

5.) End our dependence on fossil fuels. Hemp makes great fuel, that burns clean... And it grows very fast, and pretty much anywhere... So making clean burning gas from hemp would be relatively cheaper than refining it from crude oil.

6.) ALL schools get equal funding. Regardless of test scores.

7.) College is free to all those who want to go. They must maintain at least a C average, however. Otherwise they have to pay to be there.

8.) Kiss the Federal Reserve goodbye.

9.) End tax-exemption for religious institutions and charities. If you live, or do business in the US - You're paying taxes. Did you know that if churches had to pay taxes - Our national deficit would become a surplus - in less than a decade?

10.) Popular vote wins. No more electoral college. Also, supreme court justices must be voted in. No more being appointed by the president.

11.) Police will be held accountable for all of their actions. Video & Audio surveillance will be present on all police automobiles. If at any time the cop violates a person's rights - they are not only fired, but thrown in jail (as an example to the other police, so they don't try and do the same shit)... And will never be eligible to work as a public servant again.

12.) Politicians are not allowed to take donations from any corporations/establishments/etc. Any money given to a politician for their campaign must be anonymous, so there is no chance of the politician knowing where the money is coming from.

13.) No more lobbying. Period.

14.) Minimum wage will be increased to $12.50 an hour. $7.25 is too little, considering how expensive everything is, nowadays.

15.) Politicians serve 1 term. Period.

16.) Everyone pays the same percentage of their check for income tax.

That's all I can think of, atm.

The average European speaks 3-5 languages, fluently... The average American can't even speak their native English. It's no secret that Europeans are smarter (on average) than we are.

Do I believe we should have super strict gun control because of that? Absolutely not. I feel owning guns is important, especially with the way our country is.

15. Just because gangs wouldn't be ALLOWED to have guns, doesn't mean they're not going to get them.

It's called the black market, homie... You can get anything there... Just because something's made illegal, doesn't mean it becomes inaccessible. Look at drugs. They've been illegal for decades... Yet you can go up to just about any corner, in any decent sized city, and find whatever your heart desires.

16. #16 rubbs, Jul 25, 2010
    IGotTheCottons got my support :D

less federal government, end prohibition...
    Por favor.

17. People have guns anyway, laws don't mean shit. If your average, law abiding citizen was allowed to carry a gun there wouldn't be as many bank robberies, car jackings, insert gun related crime here. Just because people want to own a gun doesn't mean that they are going to use it for something bad. I like guns, I think they are practical AND fun, but I'm not about to go rob a fucking bank.

18. Why are you so offended? Did I personally attack you? I'm asking you to help me understand your theories and by providing me some proof to support your theories. My proof of gun conrtol not working is look at the California murders and crime rates compared to gun friendly states, the VA tech shooting, the Fort Hood massacre (the MP's weren't allowed to carry firearms on base for some reason), when then federal government took the guns away from hurracaine katrina survivors and crime rates went up New Orleans, and etc. If you want me to understand your points naming calling isn't going to work, facts will.

19. Nice thread. Firstly, I'd like to point out that almost a fifth of the American population went hungry last year, a substantial amount of US citizens live on or below the poverty line, and about 80-90% of the nation's wealth belongs to 3-5% of the population (not sure of the exact statistics on that one). With that being said, why should hard working Americans, lots with 2 full time jobs, who work JUST as hard (and in most cases, a LOT harder) as any other business owner, have trouble putting food on the table for their family? It makes no sense. American workers are being exploited everyday by their employers, working their ass off to churn up a profit for their bosses, so they can buy that yacht that they so dearly wanted.

No one should be making more than 3 million dollars a year. Yeah, I said it. The money being spent by the rich is being used to buy corporations and other business opportunities so they can become even richer. In my eyes, this is ridiculous. Are you aware of how many lives would be influenced if one made no more than 3 million a year? Less work hours, more time with families, no more starvation for the world's most richest country.

20. An unarmed person is a slave. An armed person is a citizen.

Crime rates would drop, not rise due to liberal gun laws. This is shown in states who allow concealed carry.

Imagine you are a mugger. Where would you most likely go to rob people: Chicago where you know no one has guns, or Texas where you will probably looking down the barrel of a .45?

Gun rights is what makes this nation so great. I agreed with most of what you said except that and it pains me to hear you support gun control, not to mention your ideal is impossible.