America, Land of the Free!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by JimmyHoward, Jan 10, 2011.

1. America "the Free" has more laws and regulations than just about any other civilized country. In Europe the laws on gambling, drug use, even drinking laws are less restrictive. The only thing we have that other countries do not have is the right to bear arms, and really unless you're a hunter or a whack-job, there isn't much point to having a gun.

I've lived in Korea and Germany, and both of those places were HIGHLY more liberal than the USA. Well, as far as civil rights go. Unlike America where we use excuses like the "Drug War" most other civilized countries just lock you up when you do something wrong.

"In absolute terms, the United States currently has the largest inmate population in the world, with more than 2½ million"

America jails 734 of every 100,000 people. Russia is second, with 611 out of 100,000.

Conversely, South Korea jails only 104 of 100,000, and Germany jails only 95 of 100,000 people.

That said, you are roughly 7 times more likely to go to jail in America, than you would be if you lived in Europe. Even the big bad "Russia" and "China" put less people in jail.

Report: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/depsta/law/rese...op-seventh.pdf

The united states Averages 6-10 times more arrests than just about every civilized country in the world. Not 6-10 percent. 6-10 TIMES.

Bottom line: The United States has the highest prison population rate in the world.

2. That's a lot of prisoners. Which means higher taxes? That sucks... Oh wait... We could just stop locking people up for things like... You know, possessing plants... Having paid sex... Our taxes would go down, our jails would have more space, our cops could be out there getting the rapists and the murderers, and less people would be caught up in the mess that is America's justice system. Hm....

3. But its for our PROTECTION!

4. the problem with that.. is most of our jails are being privatized.. and empty jails mean less profits for stockholders.. which include many politicians.

5. just the other day i was with a guy who spent a week in jail for an MIC. i dunno if it was just an MIC or if there was other charges he had... anyway, he told me about all the cool aryan brotherhood friends he made in there. "those fools are so hard in there! like, they're the kind of people you want on your good side, and i'm like best friends with all of them!"

i got a feeling he'll be going back there soon...

6. i hear they are excellent prison rapists.. very tender and caring, compared to the blacks and mexicans.

7. #7 PickleHead, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
    thank god the government protects me from stoners and sex addicts. and if i want to take the risk of flying on an airplane the passengers on the flight should be responsible enough to defend themselves against a terrorist or whatever fairytale characters could cause harm on an airplane.

land of the free home of the brave. we need to start a revolution but at this point the gov has scared everyone out of acting and the gov has to protect us from ourselves. the government interferes with so much business at this point its out of control.

8. #8 JimmyHoward, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
    The fact that we even have laws that "Protect you from yourself", is gay.

I kind of feel like I have the freedom, to do with myself, what I want to do with myself. So long as I don't bother anyone else.

Marijuana laws protecting you from yourself, are actually more likely to end you up in jail, thus ruining your life, than anything you'd actually do while smoking pot.

While high, you may run into serious situations, such as waiting 23 minutes for the walk sign to go on at the crosswalk, or spending 54 seconds too long counting change a the gas station. But ultimately the greatest risk of being high, is getting arrested...........because the laws protect you from yourself :)

Because you got high in your house, and decided to go buy an iced tea, you could in theory be jailed for carrying a naturally growing plant in your pocket if a cop stops you, and you have some left over from the smoke sesh :)

9. AAND I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

WHERE AT LEAST I KNOOW I'M FREEEE

AND I WONT FORGET THE MEN WHO DIED AND GAVE THAT RIGHT TO ME AND I'LL GLADLY STAND UP

*budum tshh*

NEXT TO YOU

AND DEFEND HER STILL TODAY

CUZ THERE AINT NO DOUBT

I LOVE THIS LAAAAAND
    love this laaand

GOD BLESS THE USAAAAAAA

10. Quit bitching and get really rich. You'll realize it ain't that bad.

11. ah the american dream, get rich enough so you can buy your way out of anything

god bless this country

12. Excuse me???

I am neither a hunter or a "whack-job" but I have a gun. It's for protection from the whack-jobs.

13. Stop your bitching. the countles laws and regulations governing everything down to the way you wipe your own ass are for your own good. We are clearly to stoopid to to be trusted to take care of our selves so they have to do it for us. We should be greatful! Didnt you know that even thinking thoughts against our saviors in the government automatically makes you a terrorist!?!:eek: Turn from you blasphemous ways and kiss the ring!

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShTVpGuzk1M&feature=related]YouTube - HD Watchmen, 'The American Dream'[/ame]

15. You FAIL. You fail harder than Bill O Reilly and Ann Coulter having a bastard baby who turns out to be the god damned antichrist

16. Ah yes but we are still free. America is full of these whack jobs and we have laws to accomodate that problem.

The approach to drugs is just based on the history and what our past "leaders" believed in.

That's why I plan to move to Vancouver or Costa Rica after receiving my higher education degree!:wave:

17. Im sorry.

18. I am by no means "patriotic" however, its easy to see that America is a great place to live in comparison to other parts of the world. This place has infinite possibilities, your limit is the stars - hell, you have no limit. Other countries CAN NOT say that.

Im not dogging other parts of the world either, I think those places are beautiful and have glorious arts and cultures but lets face it, living in america is unreal, its like a fucking movie. The only place on the planet where you can come from having nothing to being a fucking billionaire from a book, or album or dumb ass Snuggie invention.

19. Every country across the world has whack-jobs and over people whom society deems dangerous. Our country goes with putting those people in jail, rather than kill them like they do other places in the world.

I fucking love America.

20. Home of the terrified.