Amendment #64 in Colorado passed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Gardenmaster, Nov 7, 2012.

1. So I saw several threads already stating this, but none specific to Colorado and what this means for Colorado.

Amendment 64: The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act of 2012 | Yes on Amendment 64: The Colorado Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol

So the way I read this Amendment is that as of today you can legally grow 6 plants.

As of today you can posses up to one ounce of marijuana.

The storefront thing is a little confusing, all of the rules I am sure will be similar to those of medical marijuana establishments, but they will not be in place until July of next year. So does that mean like the medical marijuana you can open a store today and do not have to comply with those rules until they are established?

Another question that I don't think is addressed. Our of state persons over the age of 21. Can they now buy here legally? I have to say this may help our state tourism.

I am wondering how they will deal with this on a federal level.

I wonder how many of my neighbors will care about the 3 - 15' tall trees in my back yard next summer.

All I can say is :hello::hello::hello::hello::p:p

2. its not ratified yet

Hickenlooper has to "certify the vote counts" and has 30 days from the moment it passed to do so, then it is legal to grow and possess

ITS NOT LEGAL, YET! Keep safe until then

As for the store thing... no, they have until July 2013 go set forward all the rules for stores

if you open up a "weed store" right now, you will go to fucking prison

3. This is all from my understanding, in no way fact:

You can own up to an ounce/6 plants now however you need a permit to start a larger grow/store. Seeing as those permits aren't being issued yet, you cannot open a store.

As for the tourism thing, the fiscal impact statement on the Colorado website mentions the projections of tax revenues. One of the sentences says that it does not include non-residents, to me that means anyone can purchase it.

4. Thanks for the info SIRSOG.

So what about tourism? And the Feds? And Pricing?

I saw one study that said if legalized Federally it would drop to $35 / ounce. Since it still illegal on a Federal level I am still expecting big corporations will not get involved so prices should stay just over $100 / ounce.

I am ready to open a store today.......

5. oz prices arent even that low currently unless you are hooked from a grower or growing yourself hahaha

in boulder atleast, its 140-200 for an oz of the best of the best around....

If its legalized federally, anyone buying weed is a damn fool, grow it lol

6. I think the prices will drop a little more from where they are now.

If it was legalized Federally I think you would see less growers.

For the same reasons people don't grow all their own food, tobacco, etc.

7. [quote name='"Gardenmaster"']I think the prices will drop a little more from where they are now.

If it was legalized Federally I think you would see less growers.

For the same reasons people don't grow all their own food, tobacco, etc.[/quote]

Eh, I know boulder wouldn't change much... people grow tons of their own food and shit here, I know, no less than 15 growers lol.... most for personal use, like myself... a few caregivers, a few dispensary growers...

Plus 150 for an oz of boulders best is a deal most people in this country would be paying around 400 for haha so I'm not complaining. When my grow is functioning, currently in hibernation, I can grow an oz for less than 20 bucks, so prices effect me very little

8. So I am guessing the stores will provide the seeds. Will people out of state be able to purchase these seeds and do you think online seed companies would now deliver to those states? Sorry if this has been asked 1000000000000 times but I never saw an answer

9. I agree dependent upon the price drop. I could see the government trying to keep it expensive for the tax revenue by requiring permits to grow or something. I'd still gladly pay it, but people that don't smoke daily would just buy it I'd think. That would still make it fairly expensive to buy yet not quite too expensive that everyone would grow. I think that's a fair trade for not facing prison time, plus I'm all for stimulating the economy.

10. [quote name='"ireallydontwhat"']

So I am guessing the stores will provide the seeds. Will people out of state be able to purchase these seeds and do you think online seed companies would now deliver to those states? Sorry if this has been asked 1000000000000 times but I never saw an answer[/quote]

I'm going to guess when it comes to seeds, you have to be a resident to buy them.... I'm not sure how that works though

I don't pay attention to seed companies or how they work lol, I have a stock pile of seeds and plenty of people to get clones from, so I have no clue how that will work

11. I am sure since nothing changed Federally, companies like Attitude that ship to the US still will, and big Breeders in Amsterdam will still follow US law and refuse to ship direct.

I am with you SIRSOG I have seen better genetics in bag seed then you can get from Amsterdam, especially in Boulder. I mean Banana Kush..... I haven't seen anything that good from Amsterdam.

12. [quote name='"Gardenmaster"']

I am sure since nothing changed Federally, companies like Attitude that ship to the US still will, and big Breeders in Amsterdam will still follow US law and refuse to ship direct.

I am with you SIRSOG I have seen better genetics in bag seed then you can get from Amsterdam, especially in Boulder. I mean Banana Kush..... I haven't seen anything that good from Amsterdam.[/quote]

Amsterdams genetics are mostly from cali in the first place lol

I just don't care to buy seeds when I can get clones for 15 bucks hahahaha

13. Regulations have to be in place by July 1, but businesses cannot actually start applying for licenses to sell marijuana until October 1, so it will probably be about a full year until you see actual dispensaries. But it doesn't really matter. Possession is gonna be legal, and it's the principle that matters. I can wait

14. Lol can see somebody settin up a lemonade stand style bud shop on the corner at 8 am this morning.

15. Lol well you're pretty much in the pot capital of the US. I used to live in Golden for 8 years, by the way :wave:

16. Also....

I'd like to point out, medical marijuana will always stay medical.
    There's no changing that. The only thing on the mmj store owner
    side is the stores who have been following state regulations already
    will be the first ones considered for a separate public license.

17. [quote name='"DV"']Also....

I'd like to point out, medical marijuana will always stay medical.
    There's no changing that. The only thing on the mmj store owner
    side is the stores who have been following state regulations already
    will be the first ones considered for a separate public license.[/quote]

Yup, and I'm going to guess if you want to own an mmj shop and a public shop, they will have to be 2 separate businesses, in 2 different places, 2 different grow operations.... the laws surrounding mmj conflict with legality... mmj shops can sell you 2 oz's, mmj patients can hold 2 oz's or more depending

18. You got it man...you got it.

UGH I would go back into the industry in a heartbeat
    if I wasn't freaked out about Federal intervention....

19. I know, most of the smart people I know have already made their millions and sold out.