Amending Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by kahgknow, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Hey everyone hope all is well. Ive got a question regarding amending soil. I'll be mixing up a large quantity (1000 gallons or so) and I feel like the standard for nutrient is 2x kelp, 1x alfalfa and 1x neem. I'm trying to spend as little as possible and was wondering if I just did 1 part kelp would I still get solid results and be able to just use straight water seed to harvest? It seems like it would work but I just want to double check with the experts over here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Check out my grow journal by clicking the link in my signature. I used zero Kelp and growth/health is thru the roof. You can use anything for nutrients and don't have to stick to the main 3. You can use dandelions, kale, hemp seed meal, anything you want that's green or brown. I'm about to wash sugar trim to make bubble hash and will then I'll take the wet used sugar trim, dry it, crush it into a powder, and feed it back to my containers. Yes, I did just "invent" hemp meal fertilizer (down to earth feel free to make this product!) lol watch for it on your shelves in 2021

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Awesome man. Good to know. I do plan on using the big 3 just because I'll have it I just don't want to have to buy more. My plan is to when I have land just grow my own fertilizer - comfrey, borage, alfalfa, nettles, etc..

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think you would get a better answer if you listed your base mix in cubic feet and the amendments you plan to use in cups per c.f. Also let us know if it’s for inside or outdoors.
    HTH
    RD

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You wouldn't be the first to do that buddy. Might want to hold off on that inventors status

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1