Amazon cuts back on drug testing for cannabis!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Storm Crow, Jun 2, 2021.

1. A little good news....

Amazon backs marijuana legalization, drops weed testing for some jobs

Amazon backs marijuana legalization, drops weed testing for some jobs

Tue, June 1, 2021, 5:36 PM
    (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc said on Tuesday it supports a proposed U.S. legislation to legalize cannabis at the federal level, and would drop weed-testing requirements for some recruitments.

The e-commerce company's public policy team will be actively supporting The Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act of 2021 (MORE Act), which seeks to legalize marijuana at the federal level, its consumer boss Dave Clark said in a blog post.

Amazon will also no longer screen its job applicants for marijuana use for any positions not regulated by the Department of Transportation, Clark added.

While many U.S. states have legalized marijuana use, employers have so far largely refused to work with the industry as cannabis is still a classified substance at the federal level.

"In the past, like many employers, we've disqualified people from working at Amazon if they tested positive for marijuana use," Clark said. "However, given where state laws are moving across the U.S., we've changed course."

Amazon was hit with a proposed class action suit, which claimed that the company was violating a New York City law by testing applicants for jobs at local facilities for marijuana, according to a Westlaw report. Amazon illegally tests NYC job applicants for marijuana - lawsuit (snipped)

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. That will be good for them in a tighter labor market. That was always our first concern when job hunting years ago. If I can ever afford any help on the worm farm, I’m not gonna test for pot either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. i almost worked 4 amazon but didn't want to work for the richest bitch in the world, i mean he has more money, i got a bigger dick, we all have our strengths i suppose

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Apparently they may be looking to start shipping weed to people and in some cities they already sell alcohol

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. You’ve seen Jeffs dick, then?

j

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. I saw him on holiday at a nude beach in France, yes. He got drunk and then wanted to sword fight me, to which I declined. It would be a machete vs a pocket knife, simply not fair. But he was with a hot model and I was alone which I guess is proof if you have enough money it doesn't even matter what you're endowed with.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. I'm sure Jeff wants to get into the marijuana selling/dispensary market in a really big Amazon way. That's my guess why he is doing it. I'm also sure that Jeff gets the finest weed and women the world has to offer. It's all about the Benjamin's baby.

Soon there will be Amazon Basics bongs and pipes.
    Amazon Basics Indica and Sativa selections.
    Amazon Basics rolling papers, lighters, grinders, etc...
    LOL!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Idk. I mean if he really was about getting the finest ass and smoking the finest grass I feel like he would've just sold his company, bought a private island and been living it up by now. It seems paradoxical that there's no way the richest people in the world keep going because of the money and yet it seems like it's all they're after.

I wouldn't mind buying weed on amazon though, if the price and quality was good. But I'd definitely prefer to give my business to people that giving money to will actually improve their quality of life, not be a drop in an ocean.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I’ll probably join prime when that happens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I have to wonder if Brother Jeff isn’t pushing luck with his space travel intentions. I’m all for folks achieving big things but these “space programs” that people are cooking up around the country just seem to have Bad News all over them. I keep my feets on the ground these days.

11. Perhaps Jeff is betting on a different trip to space program. The Ganga Express Space Trip; taking you to infinity and beyond.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Amazons new status is to place the plant and all of its medcine into Schedule two ... that puts all the power into FDA hands and will tie up any further progress for ten years at least while FDA sets up its policies surrounding newly legal FDA only weed

• Like Like x 1
  13. Amazons new status is to place the plant and all of its medcine into Schedule two ... that puts all the power into FDA hands and will tie up any further progress for ten years at least while FDA sets up its policies surrounding newly legal FDA only weed

14. #14 Storm Crow, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    And now, Amazon is telling their delivery partners not to test their job applicants for cannabis and to advertise the fact! And I imagine it's going to be a case of "What Amazon wants, Amazon gets!" :poke:

Amazon tells delivery partners not to screen for marijuana amid labor shortage
    Amazon tells delivery partners not to screen for marijuana

Amazon is reportedly telling the small companies that operate its delivery vans to prominently advertise in job postings that they don’t screen applicants for pot use — in an effort to combat a nationwide worker shortage.

Advertising the policy can boost the number of job applicants by as much as 400 percent, Amazon claimed in a message to its delivery partners, according to correspondence viewed by Bloomberg.

The company reportedly added that screening for marijuana cuts the prospective worker pool by up to 30 percent.

Other delivery companies are still screening applicants for drug use, including weed, because they’re concerned about insurance and liability implications, Bloomberg reported — especially in states where recreational marijuana is still illegal.(snipped)

Having companies advertise that they don't drug test for cannabis ought to make job hunting a tad easier for a lot of you! This trend might even spread considering how desperate employers are getting.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
  15. but the individual grower could sell through Amazon just give King Jeff his CUT!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I don’t think anyone is worried about money anymore after a jillion billion dollars , I’m sure he already gets the finest cut of herb …. Maybe investing in weeed and not drug testing will help legalize it or something. These 2 Corporations are more powerful then some or most governments ..