Amazing How Things Work Out ...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by whiskey, Mar 31, 2009.

1. For a long time I have tried to live by the motto: "It's all ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end." It has helped me keep going through very tough times, and reminded me that suffering is temporary.

However, today, my motto was proven to be true. As some of you know I work as a paralegal and today, on the phone with a client who just came into a large sum of money, I hear her story about how much her family has been struggling, both herself and her husband are out of a job and they have been doing everything they can to keep food on their table for the children but have started to go without themselves.

I can't help but feel that somehow, the universe provides for us when we need it the most. Throughout my life my above stated theory has proven me right time and time again, and now I see how true it can be in other people's lives as well.

This woman doesn't have to worry anymore, and that makes me feel great, especially since she had no idea that this was going to happen to her or that she would be provided for in this way.

So here's my question, what is it that lets things like this happen? The kindness of others [not in this woman's case, trust me], divine intervention, karma, coincidence, or our own ability to adapt and change in situations?

2. Why do you think those things are separate? As a quasi-Taoist, I believe in mind over matter. The only caveat is that the mind is one and the same as the heart. If you have heart in your dreams/wishes/goals/ideas/plans/hopes and you are sincere, you will be rewarded for your virtue. Also however, if you manage to be sincere in your destructive tendencies (toward yourself and others)... you can bet Unity has something rough in store for you. It doesn't matter if others can't tell... you're going to get fucked.

3. "Also however, if you manage to be sincere in your destructive tendencies (toward yourself and others)... you can bet Unity has something rough in store for you. It doesn't matter if others can't tell... you're going to get fucked."

I can vouch for that, *sigh*. Makes me chuckel inside now though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Most people are better off investing all their trust in the flow of life and seeing where the divine creation of life takes them.

No need for worries!