amateurs need to stop hating on Cali Connection / Swerve...heres why

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Dr. Errl Hammond- B.H.O., Jan 30, 2014.

1. Yeah once or twice bro.

2. pretty sure that was for the OP, not Us bro.

PFFT's been around too long to make that mistake

3. #23 CL4P-TP, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    so wait, you had such bad experience you ordered 3 more strains?

EDIT: and then you choose to pollinate an entire JTR crop with hermie dust ? not sure I see your logic .....

4. [quote name="АugustWest" post="19436209" timestamp="1391108946"]i think gypsy is a complete douche.. not sure what that has to do with swerve.i actually did not remember who it was that did the auto thing.. i knew it was someone from CCbut breeding autos into your gear is pretty amateurish to say the least... maybe 5 were reported, but how many people didn't report or grew them not realizing what the issue was.it's unacceptable imo..as far as rez.. he's been out of the game for a few years now and is pretty much a non factor these days. I'm a fan of anyone who puts out solid genetics.. and there are many out there. I'm not loyal to any particular one of them.to take a clone only strain and put that name on it and then release something with a million phenos isn't good breeding and representation of the clone only strain you're tying to replicate.so now you'll have GSC being sold in clubs with the GSC name attached that is nothing like the GSC clone.[/quote]with enough inbreeding and selection you can make a strain nearly completely homogeneous, Ala all seeds that are produced show stable traits for whatever it was you were breeding for. My Ss diesel shows at least 80 percent stable, flavor,smell, bud density, leaf structure and high are all stable after being bred back on itself 5 times and selected for homogenisity. THE BLACK BASTARD which a fellow grower inbred from a starting pool of 6 different strains over a period of 9 years, is as homogeneous as I've ever seen, like almost clone status,the only thing that's different between seeds is the finishing time, which varies by about 5 to 17 days. Not very good breeding practices though, just has let the pollen fly,that's why there called bastards, he doesn't separate. knives heated dull red release sweet smoky nectar I am lifted high

5. [quote name="CL4P-TP" post="19457362" timestamp="1391423798"]so wait, you had such bad experience you ordered 3 more strains?EDIT: and then you choose to pollinate an entire JTR crop with hermie dust ? not sure I see your logic .....[/quote]I grew diff straina because it might of just been that batch of seeds. Then tried his other strains and didnt work out.No I just cut down the plant instead of plucking themSent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

6. the original idea behind the post is that way to many people go around bad mouthing seed breeders when  they have a bad run or get less than the idealized results that they have imagined to a point that it could never reach those expectations. Many of these people that have the most flamboyant reviews are the ones with very little expierence or less than ideal set-ups...or its just what somone they knows repeats..

Its like the old Chevy vs. Ford vs. Dodge trucks....some hate em even though they have never even drven one.....

Seleting choosen keepers from larger lots is one of the most basic principals for growing/breeding. The more the choose from the more ideal you can narrow it down to.

100 seeds is not ridiculous at all:
    100 seeds  -   +/- 50% for males = ~50 plants.....  -  weaker runts, and   - non germinated = 40 plants.... - less than ideal trich production =    20 plants.....  - less than desired structure/yield =  10 plants......   - finished flavor/smell = just a couple of bomb ass phenos to keep going...From 100 to 1 or 2 in 3 months...its easy to do and you get great results.

For some of us its not about the fastest turn-around or single room grows. Not many have the means to do larger scale set-ups, and that is ok. But many people grow in 1 tent in a musty basement with a terrible enviorment and questionable setup...and they are the first to bitch usually.

Also, i nor my people i associate with claim that our cuts are the original clones...everyone is told it is a selected pheno from the seed co. and how it was grown .

also, yes i would love to get to try out awesome new lines before they are on market...who wouldnt ???  dont be jealous of that. there are literally hundreds of people out there who test for seed co.  Its not for everyone , and that is ok. im not asking you to.

Again the main goal here is to stop all of the nonsense bickering about seed lines/breeders...when any given seed has the potential for almost any genetic combination to express.

to they guy asking if i even grow.....the anwser is yes, many years, many strains, many methods, probably longer than you've been around guy. Please keep such nonsense out of this discussion about breeders/ growing.

if you disagee so bad, please dont waste anymore of your time responding to this and dont grow those strains. Peronally i love the strains he has and i have apparantly been very very very fortunate with each and every one of my orders, and i am excited to think that i can keep looking for even better versions.

7. August...let me be the first to say...i dont want this to go this way man...that was not the intent here.....if you have personally had bad expierences with them, i feel for ya...sorry dude.

the thing is that we all are  going to have opinions of things/people, and they most often will not be the same.  There really isnt a need to argue it out over who likes what more.

also as far as the "man-crush" and desparate cry for testers goes....that is just unfounded...you dont know anything about me man and its silly...lets just leave it at that.
     there is no need to start with personal attacks based on people sharing opinions and reachign out to others.

so with that..im taking a step back and letting this end......if we ever meet, i will have some goods to share with you all. Wish you luck on your projects AW. i hope you find what your looking for.

8. Isnt it the point of forums is for everyone to share there experience? Dont get personal over it. Some have good and some have bad. For me I have a small place to do it. Next time ill read reviews and grow journals because I cant afford to grow things that arnt good.

And ill leave it as that

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

9. Btw you dont need to go making a forum about amateurs hating on cali. For someone with common sense they understand. People will post about how they feel about a certain breeder and there strain. Why dont ppl go bad mouth about dna/rp or other breeders? There must be a reason to that. If u noticed cali conn has been the talk of the yr. From using other breeders pictures and from lying about where he got his strains from.

Seems to me you have some ties with cali.

10. #30 AugustWest, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014

then you should call it a different name..

if you are going to call something sour diesel or GSC then it should resemble what you are naming it.

also i have tested for a few breeders in the past on another forum..

i was chosen as a tester because of my growing history and detailed journals that were done to completion., not for making threads asking to be a tester or ass kissing.
    breeders hate that shit..

11. #31 CL4P-TP, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    naw, they love the ass kissing :eek:

seems to me you pick an dchoose what thread to read.

plenty of noobs fucking up DNA and RP genetics.

who BTW, are some of the worst offenders when it comes to knocking off clone only cuts IMO/E.

not to mention entering the same strain under 3 different names to the canna cups... :mad:

i do pick and choose which threads to read,
    they can do whatever they want with there seed or strain or even call it "shit kush" for all i care.
    if they sell seeds that are fems then it should be all fems, not some with full blown males.

As long as the seed i got from whoever grows good shit, i can careless.
    sadly thats not what happen with cali for me.

13. Anyone grown out the chem 4 og and have personal experience with the actual chem 4?  Is it possible to get a solid representation?

Kinda worried it won't be similar at all.  Can't seem to find much in the way of smoke reports or finalized grow reports.

14. #35 bangkok101, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
  15. btw lets see some of your grows, CL4P-TP.

16. 17 page gallery......most outdoors.

17. #38 CL4P-TP, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    so why'd you put those up in a cali con thread over @ RIU with no indication of breeder?

the plants look great BTW, that's why I'm questioning em so much & your attitude about Cali COn.

yet on a TGA thread, you put up TGA pics....

although for a person complaining about unstable lines... you pick Con Kush as your stable line is odd IMHO

so I'm confused . .is it smells or colors that differentiate between the FIVE? :poke:

My experience is most breeders start out fine & then sell out( a few exceptions of course).both Swerve and Sub are guilty IMHO ( shit have a look at Subs anti Gypsy rant on RIU where he cheers Gypsy's arrest).... but what do I know, I've just been in the game for 11 years.

18. When I grew those I got them at osb, it didnt have a breeder name on the pack and all I knew was it was deep purple kush. I guess it was my bad though for didnt indicate what strain it was.

The tga con kush was given to me as a gift. Plus I would like to give some feed back on it. I like to try new strains.

Any strains would you recommand?

I tottally agree with you with the breeders comment. And I agree with you that sub shouldn't cheers at GNs arrest thats no professional.

Thanks for the comments about the pixs bro. This is kind of talk I like to have with each other. Sometimes we mis read things and its good for someone to point out the right facts.

19. My bubbas and blackwater and herijuana were all CC seeds. All turned out amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app