Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

AMA support of medical marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by peanutbutter, Nov 11, 2008.

1. #1 peanutbutter, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
    Resolution 921: Marijuana Reclassification

RESOLVED, That our American Medical Association support reclassification of marijuana’s
    status from a Schedule I controlled substance to a more appropriate schedule (Directive to Take Action); and be it further
    RESOLVED, That our AMA support efforts to cease criminal prosecution and other enforcement actions against physicians and patients acting in accordance with states’ medical marijuana laws. (Directive to Take Action)

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upload/mm/17/hod-ref-com-k.doc

dated 11/8/08

2. Although this is GREAT news, it isn't quite settled yet, the way I read it. To me it seems that Washington state physicians are proposing this, and the recommended position is "support". Which means to me, the AMA has yet to vote on it, but are in favor of it! :hello::hello::hello:! A BIG step in the RIGHT direction! The American College of Physicians (#2 medical group) has already come out in favor of MMJ. We get the AMA and MMJ is IN! :D

(Funny how this happened right after we get a new, liberal president! :rolleyes: )

Granny :wave:

3. Thanks Granny!

4. very very interesting.

5. My favorite part:
    I think if they have any budgetary issues that we pass around a tin cup and help them out with this.... :D:hello:

6. Let's not forget that the AMA's Student Section also supports MMJ and I believe already voted to re-classify!! :hello:

7. OK .. I missed before the election. You wouldn't mind if it took just a couple of more days?

The AMA is meeting this month, I believe. With a new statement from them Obama almost has to order the start of rescheduling.

I can be optimistic or pessimistic.

If I agree with despair, I get nothing done.

If I believe it's possible, I'll carry on. And pray. 'Cause it's gonna be a miracle when it happens.

8. I hope you're right. :p
    Let's hope that the economy turns around sooner than later. I think that's numero uno on the agenda right now. Then they can get to the "important" stuff. :D:smoking:

9. Amazing news in a positive direction :)

If the US government continues to say that medical marijuana has no medicinal value, then they are a bunch of tards.