Am I wrong for pruning at 3 weeks?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RussianGrown, Mar 9, 2018.

1. IMG_2110.JPG IMG_2111.JPG IMG_2115.JPG IMG_2119.JPG IMG_2120.JPG IMG_2121.JPG IMG_2122.JPG IMG_2123.JPG IMG_2124.JPG am I wrong for pruning my plants they are 3 weeks from sprouting, and I prune the leaves so that light can get down on the undergrowth. Does that do me more bad then good or jis it something that can be done? I havnt read anything on pruning in the first weeks of veg only in flower

2. hate it when they grow leafy and stumpy like that does my head in... I just chuck them when they grow like that nowadays.. but yes trim away.. cut what ya like its still in veg..use them to practice with

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I defoliate like Crazy in veg. You can pretty much do anything to them except over water

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trim away, it will do it some good. That one is a good candidate for training, especially considering it has that short stocky structure it could really help increase your yield.

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I also pull the light away to encourage stretch.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Seriously? This sort of layout for a plant is garbage? Why have I been reading so many posts about how awesome short and bushy is? Lol. Wtf. Is this not good or what?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ok I already am heavily. And I have started training already. A little bit of lst and supercropping. And I just pulled up the light as much as I could. Thank you. What sort of training would you reconvened for a small grow space?

8. Depends on your light source; CFLs can function within inches but LEDs need about a foot or more and twice that for HID.
    IMG_20180309_025445.jpg
    I've got my sprouts under minimal 50w UFOs with about 14in then move on to heavy veg under 390w in one box and 450w in the second with a bit more distance to accommodate some stretching before moving on to short hours.
    IMG_20180309_015446.jpg

9. it looks stumped mate.. dwarf. sometimes they spring back after flip but more often than not they dont.grow it out see what happens. I expect to see a decent vertical growth that I prune to my liking. just looks like the branching and te stem isnt growing in the pics and its just chucking out leaves. its nothing you have done wrong its just a mix of genetic and nature. it cold very much end up an extremely good plant. it just goin to take a bit longer than normal.

• Like Like x 1
  10. At 3 weeks is a bit to early in my opinion, You should wait till 5 at least before pruning. You have to let her roots get established first.

• Like Like x 3
  11. This is your seeds, the super skunk from ILGM.

12. I have the morsen 1000 watt led, it's 180 actual wattage. And I started it off at like 24 inches and eventually brought it down to like 15 in.

13. My vented hps 600w x3 in a 8x4 are inches off some of my plants. Sativa some was chasing the lights no matter what. My hps runs cooler then my 1200w meizhi led. I can control the temps a lot better with hps with hoods.

Also my led doesn’t let me plants stretch one bit , which some people thinks a good a thing but you still want some stretch.

One of my plants is touching the glass in the hood and it’s perfectly happy there with 0 burns or bleaching.

14. Your not gonna get nice big colas on a plant that’s 8 inch tall. My led does this to my plants that’s the reason I don’t like it.

15. You just trash your plant/plants when they grow like that? I hope your not buying your seeds it seems like a waste of a good plant that could produce good bud. I hate starting all over again if I don’t have to. But if that’s how you grow then it’s fine I just don’t understand killing any MJ plant her leaves are a little twisted it looks like he has something else going on there. Or it could just be the genetics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Because most Indicia strains grow more Bushy unlike a Sativa. You could still harvest from any plant as long as you have good lighting, ventilation, and good genetics. If he don’t want it that Bushy he could raise the light and it will stretch more. Yeah I don’t know about short I guess your lighting could have something to do with it.

17. You could try raising the light to 20-22” she may stretch a little more. I like how these lights from China say 1000 watts but it’s only pulling 180 from the wall lol!

18. yes I pay for seeds and I pay for nutes and my electricity bill water bill as well... I know what im looking for if that makes sense.. and I have learnt that majority of the time plants that are like that just dont cut it. especially when your growing alongside others. they just get swamped over by the bigger plants .. shaded from lighting and to far away from the lighting when one light grows 4 plants and you got 3 at 4ft tall and the dwarf its pointless. so yes I get rid. dont get me wrong they can end up amazing. but personally I want a uniformed.garden and am.not prepared to lst my other plants for weeks on end in hope that it will catch up. because chances are it wont.. I nutured a dwarf for.3 months once... thats 3 months electric.and feed... for a seed. maths work out,the seed has to go lol..

• Like Like x 2
  19. I could dig it! But that plant is a Nice size for 3 week seedling IMO. Her stems are pretty fat. It has some weird growth, but with some TLC she could be a Nice plant! If he vegs her out a couple months she’s going to be a big Plant. Then when you flip to bloom she’s going to double or triple in size remember she’s only three weeks old I see people on there that don’t even have 2 nodes at three weeks. I think she’ll be okay and you will be able to get a half decent harvest from her if grown right.

20. #20 RedHairSens, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Thats a day 15-20 plant doesnt matter if its PP or auto.Looked at your trim,
    no reason for any of that to be cut off.Your plant is going to try to feed
    (canabalise) off those leaves later in your grow so each time u cut u have
    taken food away from the plant.Tie downs and LST is what u need to be doing
    cut u some slits or holes in the side of your grow container/pot get you some
    cigar pipe cleaners / string loosely tied and tie down some of those branchs,
    instead of cutting leaves off.You havent hurt anything as young as she is.
    You cut some way i do, just the tip.But the rest of that green leaf (fan leaf)
    can be food later down the road.This is just IMO good luck with your grow
    http://i64.tinypic.com/6690fs.jpg
    http://i63.tinypic.com/6775ev.jpg

• Like Like x 1