am i too stoned, or is this actually weird??

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by vape_bros, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ok so theres this girl i met last week...i'm friends with her brother and he introduced us to each other...ive only seen her like two or three times and i think she's kool right...so i find her on facebook and add her...we start talking on there then i asked her to txt me, so then we started txting me...she txtd me first yesterday and all day long she has been doing her part in keeping the conversations going and finding new ones...so i feel like she's interested...i told her we should hang out and she was like "yea thatd be fun" and all this stuff..so we are gonna go out to dinner tomorow night...and i asked her if i could pick her up, but to my astonishment she says "no, can we just meet there?" lol i was like wtff?? thats kinda weird...so i replied "lol why??" then she says "idk i've always done it that way" and i was like "ohh kayy" lol and i changed the subject cuz i found it weird...this whole while i'm txting one of my good friends [[female friend]] and i asked her if that was weird that she wouldnt wanna ride together to go eat...she told me that maybe she didnt feel comfortable with me picking her up from her house...and she told me to not mind it...lol so now i turn to my fellow stoners for some opinions...i'm super baked right now so idk if it jus really tripped me out since i wasnt expecting it, or what...but yea it tripped me out...why do yall think there'd be a problem with me picking her up?? we are 19 lol

i appreciate any thoughts??
    :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

2. if she lives with her parents/brother she might think its gonna be akward to have you come pick her up for something that at least appears a date there

3. I wouldnt even worry, ive done that plenty of times with the ladies. some dont want you to be at there house until they can trust you a little more. nothing you did wrong. take another rip n chill homie

4. sweet...thnx for the help!!

i'll be back on here tomorow to see how the date goes :D

its been a while since ive been interested in dating anyone so its got me all excited :D

my exgirlfriend was a psycho so i kept away from relationships for like 7 months now...but i think i'm ready to step back in the dating game

we will see
    :smoke:
    :wave:

5. she wants a way to escape, haha jk. but shes prob just shy and doesnt wanna have an akward car ride or somthing.

6. You're friends with her brother.

I once dated a foreign exchange student staying at my cousins house. Picking her up was always awkward with my uncle and cousins there and she wasn't even blood related.

Either she feels awkward having you pick her up, or she is just playing it safe.

7. yea she's kinda shy

and actually her brother is older...he has his own place...she lives with her parents but i met her at her brothers house

8. For real dude, she may be embarrassed about her house or parents. I know it sounds weird but you never know with chicks man. Everybody goes through those phases about their folks especially. Good luck to ya.

9. Hmm... well since she lives with her parents, I could totally understand, especially if her parents know you're friends with her brother. She might think her parents might say something to her brother about it or something. Or she could just be embarrassed to live with her parents. Who knows, it's not that weird though.

10. Yea now that I think about it sober, it doesn't seem so weird...but yea we are goin out tonight for dinner so I will let y'all know how it goes!!

Thnx everyone :D

11. It's either the fact that she lives with her parents, and doesn't want them or her brother/your friend to make a big deal out of nothing. i.e. ooooooh new boyfriend ( when it's the first fucking date)

That's the advantage of being older. You don't have to introduce the lady/fella to the 'rents until it's actually something serious.

Also, first dates are almost always weird and awkward. In the beginning, both of you will be shy and nervous which will make the car ride to dinner super awkward. No one is crazy for wanting to avoid this.

Thirdly, she doesn't know you too well and vice versa. It's still in the super beginning stages. If she has an awful time, or things go south, she wants to be able to leave, and not have to have an even MORE awkward ride home than she had there.

Ya know?

12. Just be glad you're saving gas money.

13. thats what i was thinking haha

14. well everyone i asked her and she said that her mom was super nosy and strict and that she didnt want her mom to sit there and interrogate me lol so i asked her if she wanted to leave her car at my house and we'd go in my truck...she was like "yea that'd be better" so i drove up there and the ride there was fun...the whole night we kept the conversation going...it was fun, when she was leaving my place she thanked me for taking her out...so i was like yea it was fun and we should hang out again...and she was like yea that'd be cool..

..so yea, we are hanging out again this weekend ;D

she has never smoked and rarely drinks...but if we hang out a couple more times i'm gonna ask her to smoke...she's kool with the fact that i smoke all the time, so i'm hoping she wont mind trying it out!! lol
    :smoke::smoke::smoke:

15. I think it's probably that she feels uncomfortable about her parents knowing who she's going on a date with, alot of people are like that. Don't worry :).

16. have you ever seen.....
    What's Eating Gilbert Grape??

17. wtfff^^^^^^^^^^^

18. When your brother is a brain damaged Leonardo Di Caprio and your mum is a whale, you meet your dates at the restaurant. Except I hope that your date is a few notches above Juliette Lewis.

19. It's most definately her living with her parents (in my oppinion). I never wanted any of my dates to come to my house when I was living with my parents. I even would like walk a few blocks and tell people to pick me up there because I didnt want my parents to ask me who everyone was, being nosey and such. You have nothing to worry about :)